Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Cup field

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I assume the connections of Avonnova and Stuey declined the option to be an emergency for the race ?

It's flat out disrespectful that Avonnova in particular missed a start. Both him and Stuey deserved a place in the field ahead of Lenny, a case maybe for Restrepo marginally ahead of Stuey.

Brent, Lenny won't start 50's (only because of the draw) but he's no chance on what we saw last week.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    How does Chilli Palmer get a run (reserve) ahead of Avonnova? At least Avonnova can be relied on to pace all the way and he doesn't even wear hopples. Amazing!
    Because HRV are insular minded. It's why the industry in Vic is in decay.

aussiebreno
    Last season the Miracle Mile nearly threw up the same trifecta for the Vic Cup. Not much will change this year, save for the two NZ Cup winners entering the fray as well.

The current odds of PMan and Lenny compared to proven stars like Beautide and Christen Me is unfathomable. Absolutely ridiculous. Both of them will run midfield or a shade worse. Restrepo drawn the carpark at 50/1 will go back, go 6 wide around the final bend, cop a check and will still beat them both home.

If everybody brings their A game I rate Beau and CM the best in the land. Given the draw Beau more than deserves to be favourite, but he missed a start and they will make him work early. CM at the more enticing odds will be my bet.

aussiebreno
    Avonnova is 5th on both the Grand Circuit points tally and dollars earned this year. I reckon Chilli be the next big gun on the grand circuit similar to a late maturing ITMQ but right here right now how he gets in ahead of Avonnova is mindblowing. Hope Avonnova connections just decided not to come?

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Brent, Lenny won't start 50's (only because of the draw) but he's no chance on what we saw last week.
    What exactly did u expect from him first up for nearly 7 months in a stand (where he missed away by 10 yards) over 2700m??
    I do like to use 'imo' when debating, but I don't need to in this case......he is an out and out star.
    IMO if Beau is 95%+ fit, Lenny is the only other winning chance.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Lenny will strip fitter & logically with what he has shown, he should be a massive danger! Nearly 7 months away from racing is a very long time, and to run 3rd was a massive job. I can't personally see Beautide winning in this field.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    The connections of Avonnova and Stuey both declined to be named an emergency

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Lenny will strip fitter & logically with what he has shown, he should be a massive danger! Nearly 7 months away from racing is a very long time, and to run 3rd was a massive job. I can't personally see Beautide winning in this field.
    6 weeks ago from gate 3 Beautide would of been odds on. Recent scratchings + iffy trials = 5-2+. "If" Beautide is near spot on, he'll bully his way to the front and it's times and margins please judge. I took $3.70 and saved on Christen Me EW. $8 is way overs. Second elect for mine. May nibble away on For A Reason too. $51 and $13. I declared him last year and don't want to miss him if the improbable occurs.

As for Lenny, he shouldn't be there ahead of the other two. The draw gives him a shot I guess, but I still don't see how he wins. He isn't angling into a short sprint lane with that tendency to run up the track and nor is he leading and winning sustaining pressure. I'm a big fan of the horse but Avonnova or Stuey from that draw would definitely be holding the top and a great race would be even better.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Bob, Lenny's had a few trials at Shepp before his run the other night and Aikey's been driving him with a sit, Have a look at the recent trials on the Shepparton Harness Racing site if you get a chance, 15/01/15 Led and wobbled on the corner, 06/01/15 Had cover and 30/12/14 Stand Start and took cover.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-27-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    The Vic cup always attracts a dream field and it's delivered once again.
    I'm still questioning how they could of left out Avonnova I really thought he deserved his place in the field. But doesn't matter that's racing and there had to be a hard luck story with the depth of horses on offer currently.
    But to the race itself it's going to be a cracker of a race with Beautide finding the front and i imagine the moves won't stop. I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of the 2012 Edition where the winner comes from the back row gets a great tow up in the 3 wide line and is too strong. My picks are Guaranteed, Christen Me, Beautide, Adore Me.
    Looking forward to Saturday night.

+ Reply to Thread