Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Derby

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Victoria Derby

Curious to know how the fields are drawn up for the heats of the Derby.
    Is it by random selection, human intervention (committee or panel), rankings (based on what criteria), some other obscure means. It is curious that for the second year in a row the Kiwi entrants are all in the same heat!!!!!???

Where do I find the race conditions in one of the most user unfriendly website of any code in any racing jurisdiction. They claim it a new website. I hope they didn't pay too much for the end result.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    teecee
    I found the conditions : but it doesn't say how the actual selection is done ...to keep the fields even, and like the tennis..the top seeds apart.

http://www.hrv.org.au/hrv/index.cfm/...guidelines-pdf

aussiebreno
    And yet the harness.org is 10x better than HRNZ.co!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    As an aside...
    Yep I have to agree that the HRA site is excellent but when you go into the individual states' sites, ...well another story again IMO.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    really?
    HRA is so complicated
    eg tabs HRA NATIONAL - HRA ONLINE - ANNUAL ONLINE
    then as far as info
    had to badger HRA to give me/us full premiership tables and then unlike NZ you cannot sort them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    After those heats (and yes they were only heats) we now have ourselves a contest.
    How about the closing speed of Ideal For Real
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Shelbourne trainer Larry Eastman has Birchip owned Menin Gate in the $205,000 Victoria Derby this Saturday night at Tabcorp Park, Melton. Eastman will join only three other Bendigo district trainers to win the Derby, first run in 1916.
    Menin Gate has an impressive record with 8 starts for 6 wins and 2 seconds, a 1:54.3MS race record and close to $57K in the bank.

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=MX070215#6

Previous Bendigo district winners of the Victoria Derby are few, but include the Keith Cotchin Elmore trained Tanabi Bromac (2008),and Maryborough's Future Intangible (1966), Dales Gift (1964), Future Raider (1962), Sean Truis (1953) and Selwyn (1952).
    The half brothers Future Intangible and Future Raider were trained by Bill Davies, while Jack Moore trained Dales Gift, Sean Truis and Selwyn.
    Not bad stats....5 Derbies trained AND driven by the Maryborough legends.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I thought of having a dabble on outsider Ideal For Real earlier in the week but decided it could wait
    It is now TAB FIXED $10
    I am sure it was double that
    Can anyone confirm that? (The way I have been making mistakes lately - I could have imagined/dreamed it LOL)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I thought of having a dabble on outsider Ideal For Real earlier in the week but decided it could wait
    It is now TAB FIXED $10
    I am sure it was double that
    Can anyone confirm that? (The way I have been making mistakes lately - I could have imagined/dreamed it LOL)
    IFR all up TTL Kev!!

+ Reply to Thread