Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Victoria Derby

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Massive night at Melton tonite for Derby Winner Menin Gates owners and fan club...they were jumping everywhere after the race, well done to all,
    on track they said the tribe was staying oncourse at the accomodation, god help anyone else staying there wanting to sleep tonite lol!

aussiebreno
    Most horses at least improve a little bit between 2 and 3, some may flatline...but Follow the Stars has gone backwards.

This is Menin Gates first time in, he is a big and strong horse but still has a good sprint. Right now I don't think he ranks as one of the best 3yos of years gone by, but the future could hold plenty more G1 wins for him.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    'all IMO'
    I could understand people questioning the drive in that it wasn't agressive enough but I really don't understand how much more the horse could do. Beaten under 3m outside the lead running home the final 800 in 55. He beat the rest of them out of site & those who did finish closest all came thru on the pegs. Absolutely no difference to last years Derby with Bling when he was in the chair. Unless the lead time is hectic (under 44) good horses simply dominate around the place when they are on the pegs.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yep tough run for Follow The Stars, Running off on the corner has probably cost him the race or would have finished a lot closer to the winner IMHO.

Member Filly hugdon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jim Nelson
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    have bought into a Lincoln Royal filly
    Maybe a dead heat Rich it certainly would have been close

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Yep tough run for Follow The Stars, Running off on the corner has probably cost him the race or would have finished a lot closer to the winner IMHO.
    I agree it could have been a tad closer however one should not forget that the Chris Alford is such a tactician he placed the final run home pressure when it was needed and that didn't help the run off, they had let him dictate what he wanted to do /run, in addition Chris would have had a few kilo's advantage in the bike that all adds up in that sort of race and who knows where that horse will go now as he has only had 9 starts for 7 wins and 2 2nds, he is welcome to my backyard
    I cant wait to see the Stewards report on the entire meeting, should be very interesting reading

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I gather there has been a fair bit of publicity about the ownership group of Menin Gate which I have missed. I understand the meaning of his name - has this significance to the ownership group too?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread