Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bacardi Lindy

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton

Bacardi Lindy

Hello all, I am a “newbie” to the forum and would just like to introduce myself to this particular thread as I am passionate about the trotter (is there any other real gait in harness racing)
    I am most interested in the breeding side of things and I thought it very interesting that at Maryborough ( the trotting capital of Victoria) the winner of the 1st race AMARULA NZ is out of a NZ bred Sundon mare who has been a very moderate producer at best with 8 named foals and 4 of winners ( including AMARULA who has won more than the rest of the family already), however, it is the stallion that makes the real interest I think. The stallion is “our own Victorian based” Bacardi Lindy who is a much underrated stallion and this mating took place when he was sent to NZ to stand for 2 seasons before coming back here to stand.
    The loss of those 2 seasons has still not taken too much toll on his ability as a stallion in the numbers game as he is only a few dollars short of the “average $ per 3yo starter” behind the much publicized Angus Hall so all looks good for him, they all seem to trot well and clearly the best is yet to come.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Hi Bruce.
    Great to see you have joined.
    Bacardi Lindy is entitled to leave good ones.
    His dam, Rum Boogy by Valley Victory was very good( see below). And SJs Photo has done a very good job with 7 millionaires in the US and more in Europe

Rum Boogie:
    1998 USA Kentuckiana -2fT Indy 2
    1998 CAN Champlain Stakes -2fT Moh 2
    1998 USA Bluegrass -2fT Lex 3
    1998 USA Goldsmith Maid -2fT GSP 1
    1999 USA Matron Stakes -3fT DD 2
    1999 USA Zweig Memorial -3fT Sycs 3
    1999 USA Bluegrass -3fT Lex 3
    1999 USA Kentucky Futurity -3fT Lex 1
    1998 USA 2YO Filly Trotter of the Year USA

Rum Boogie 1996 (F U1 ) by Valley Victory - T1:55.0US $900,908 [2]
    dam of Bacardi Lindy 2003 (M U1 ) by SJs Photo - T1:52.4US $207,326

Junior Member Foal Karamea will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross Simpson
    As the owner of Bacardi Lindy I guess I am a bit prejudiced.
    However, there is no doubt about the fact that he has done a great job as a sire from day one.
    Taking into account that the majority of the mares bred to him have been moderate producers adds to this.
    Just about every one of his offspring is either the fastest or richest progeny of their dam.
    Given half a chance he will, in my opinion, become a prolific sire of winners as his progeny mature with age.
    This is my first "post".
    I hope there will be more.

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    G'day Mr Historian ! ( small world, I just found this forum, yes I am a little slow ololololol- cant get my smiles to work) Yes you don't have to sell me on him olollol the real question is from my point of view is the horse is having to do it the very hard way by having his off spring racing, winning and proving themselves rather than the free ride hype others stallions get in the media

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    This disgraceful situation I understand will be raised directly with the Sports Minister in the next few weeks

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Facts are facts Ross you don't have to be prejudiced well done !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamea View Post
    As the owner of Bacardi Lindy I guess I am a bit prejudiced.
    However, there is no doubt about the fact that he has done a great job as a sire from day one.
    Taking into account that the majority of the mares bred to him have been moderate producers adds to this.
    Just about every one of his offspring is either the fastest or richest progeny of their dam.
    Given half a chance he will, in my opinion, become a prolific sire of winners as his progeny mature with age.
    This is my first "post".
    I hope there will be more.
    So do we Ross
    How many did BL serve this season Ross?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A good night for BL at Ballarat tonight
    A nice second for his returning flagship Claudys Princess
    and a win for Girls Go First who has become a very consistent performer
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-31-2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: his for her
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Karamea will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross Simpson
    Don't know for sure. The stud hasn't advised me yet but have a feeling he didn't have a lot of bookings. Victorian breeders don't seem to like him as much as they did a couple of years ago.

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamea View Post
    Don't know for sure. The stud hasn't advised me yet but have a feeling he didn't have a lot of bookings. Victorian breeders don't seem to like him as much as they did a couple of years ago.
    I guess Ross that is the penalty of him going to NZ for a couple of years and then you loose the rebookings/ or people be able to come and look at him etc etc, he's still very young so I am sure it will turn around again as he is doing so well. Some good promo going into this breeding season and your away again Good Luck with him

+ Reply to Thread