Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: hype and delusion

Junior Member Weanling niloc will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    colin robinson

hype and delusion

why do the media in this country continually bombard us with bull---- about so called champions?last week we heard about the latest in a long line of these pretenders namely philidelphia man,all week we heard and read about what he was going to do to a country cup field at shepparton,he started at false and prohibitive odds and was a major disappointment to all that been sucked into the hype.a hype created by certain members of the media who are irresponsible and dumb.think about what real champions have done,think about the likes of cardigan bay,halwes,hondo grattan, pure steel,paleface adios,gammalite, popular alm,village kid,preaux chevalier,blacks a fake etc.i am sure if the people who write or broadcast this crap have no idea what a criteria entails to qualify horses to such lofty heights.there is only one horse in the vic cup tonight who has any claim to such a moniker and it is not philly man.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I personally don't think there are any Champions in the race tonight. There are very high quality horses engaged, more than a few with the potential to be labeled Champions in the future. I'm sure there will be a few that disagree, but that's ok, because we all have different opinions.
    Last edited by Smoken; 01-31-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Champions imo are the ones that achieved great things for many seasons in a row.
    As Colin said, the media is to quick to issue this label.... check out the names he mentioned, all long term greats

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Who was called a "champion" & by whom?

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Who was called a "champion" & by whom?
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the race caller called him a Champ during the race?

Real Name
    colin robinson
    you are right,not one in sight.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    you are right,not one in sight.
    But dont you think C Me has an excellent chance of earning the title one day.
    He is only half way through his 6yo season and from his 10 Aussie starts he has 4 Gp1 wins, 3 Gp1 seconds, 1 Gp1 third and 2 Gp2 wins.

I think Adore Me will also have earnt 'champion mare' before she heads to the barn.

We have to expect/even want the media to spruik feature races.
    It was one hell of a field but unfortunately over the short distance the 'future champ' just blitzed them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    colin robinson
    such luminaries as the race caller(macintosh),the form and tipping staff of harness racing aust,4tab qld guru Chris Barsby ,the staff who were on sky channel the night the race was run,they all contributed to the false odds about the horse philidelphia man.i think we would all agree he is a fine horse,full of promise but he and his trainer could do without all this pressure and hype after all the only ones who benefit from this are bookmakers.i could be cynical and suggest that this type of behaviour is somewhat sinister but of course i would not do that!

Real Name
    colin robinson
    messenger,c me shows great promise in his quest for that elusive moniker so he better start winning some inters etc,he is only 6 so he has plenty of time to do that,adore me is already the outstanding mare of her year she only needs an interdom,miracle mile,hunter cup etc and her run last night,along with beautide,guaranteed were outstanding.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    messenger,c me shows great promise in his quest for that elusive moniker so he better start winning some inters etc,he is only 6 so he has plenty of time to do that,adore me is already the outstanding mare of her year she only needs an interdom,miracle mile,hunter cup etc and her run last night,along with beautide,guaranteed were outstanding.
    "he better start winning some Inters etc"???????
    Please explain what the etc is...but first please read below,
    Christen Me,
    Hunter Cup...tick
    Miracle Mile...tick
    Victoria Cup...tick
    Chariots of Fire...tick
    NZ FFA...tick
    Harness Jewels NZ 4yo...tick
    NZ Messenger...tick
    Taylor Mile...tick
    4 Group 1's in Aust
    4 Group 1's in NZ...show me how many Champions have done that on the all time list of Champions.

How many G1's did Paleface Adios and Pure Steel win in NZ?
    Paleface won a Miracle Mile, no Inter but of course many many heats, no Hunter Cup.
    Now "Jacko" the "Temora Terror" was a pin up horse of mine growing up, he was, is a legend and so was, is Steelo but sometimes something can pop up in your face and you dont realise you ARE watching a Champion.
    Last night based on his CV and of course he should have at least 2-3 years to go, Christen Me was Christened a Champ!
    The race wins are there!

+ Reply to Thread