Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: hype and delusion

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    No argument from me about the the toughness and durability of our previous champions Kev and Colin, They certainly were able to back up a lot better in the old days, The Interdom has become a bit of a farce in the last few years with the programming and I'm glad that it's going over to WA but as Brent mentioned, It's certainly being driven by the almighty punting dollar at the moment, It's very disappointing to see horses of the calibre of Guaranteed and Christen Me being scratched out and I put this down to the big races being programmed to close together and not just one authority is to blame for this, They all need to sit down and program their meetings at specific times of the year to try and attract the very best horses.
    I agree with this Rich and that is why I think Colin is being a bit hard on the new Champs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling niloc will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    colin robinson
    the original concept of the inter was terrific for the benefit of the game itself ,each city received financial gifts, tourism, the pure spectacle of the best of the best,what a tremendous shot in the arm it used to be!!this carnival of our best.it was solely responsible for my own enduring love of the trots.i would not have seen such stars such as Robin Dundee,the mighty Halwes,Young Quinn etc,it ruled as our and n'zeds flagship we need to try and revive that spirit.i am also pleased WA has got it back,perhaps some sanity will return! Why are these modern day horses not as tough as those that went before them?We have access to the best bloodlines on the planet which we did not have in those halcyon times,could it be our need for speed?Our training methods have changed, more in line with our american cousins to cater for these mad dash's yet we saw with Mr Feelgood these regally bred horses can be taught to stay(credit to the Butts).I am not so sure that these dominant north american sire lines are as potent as they seem,The first horse to win a million was nz bred and his large fiscal gains were reaped in their back yard!Mind you, as we know Cardigan Bay was a mighty horse.I fear that with this obsession we have for speed that we will go as our thoroughbreds have gone and eventually have barely any representation in our own backyard.

+ Reply to Thread