Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: hype and delusion

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    "he better start winning some Inters etc"???????
    Please explain what the etc is...but first please read below,
    Christen Me,
    Hunter Cup...tick
    Miracle Mile...tick
    Victoria Cup...tick
    Chariots of Fire...tick
    NZ FFA...tick
    Harness Jewels NZ 4yo...tick
    NZ Messenger...tick
    Taylor Mile...tick
    4 Group 1's in Aust
    4 Group 1's in NZ...show me how many Champions have done that on the all time list of Champions.

How many G1's did Paleface Adios and Pure Steel win in NZ?
    Paleface won a Miracle Mile, no Inter but of course many many heats, no Hunter Cup.
    Now "Jacko" the "Temora Terror" was a pin up horse of mine growing up, he was, is a legend and so was, is Steelo but sometimes something can pop up in your face and you dont realise you ARE watching a Champion.
    Last night based on his CV and of course he should have at least 2-3 years to go, Christen Me was Christened a Champ!
    The race wins are there!
    +1

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    ^
    +2

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    ^
    +2
    ^
    lol

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    such luminaries as the race caller(macintosh),the form and tipping staff of harness racing aust,4tab qld guru Chris Barsby ,the staff who were on sky channel the night the race was run,they all contributed to the false odds about the horse philidelphia man.i think we would all agree he is a fine horse,full of promise but he and his trainer could do without all this pressure and hype after all the only ones who benefit from this are bookmakers.i could be cynical and suggest that this type of behaviour is somewhat sinister but of course i would not do that!
    False odds?? No such thing in this day & age with Betfair sorry Colin. It is quite simply supply & demand. He went off in that race u r referring to @ $2-.....he was matched as low as $1.80 & as high as $2.15. I'll concede that the media types u mentioned can be responsible for shorter parimutual divis + tighter opening odds from corps but when it comes to the exchange your argument doesn't fly imo. I respect your opinion with regards to people tagging him (I myself called him a potential equine freak) but in this particular race + his odds, I reckon u r being rather harsh.....he finished 2nd and anyone who thought he was going to get beat at the 300 has no clue about what they were watching. I've seen $2 pops go down a lot easier that that.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    "he better start winning some Inters etc"???????
    Please explain what the etc is...but first please read below,
    Christen Me,
    Hunter Cup...tick
    Miracle Mile...tick
    Victoria Cup...tick
    Chariots of Fire...tick
    NZ FFA...tick
    Harness Jewels NZ 4yo...tick
    NZ Messenger...tick
    Taylor Mile...tick
    4 Group 1's in Aust
    4 Group 1's in NZ...show me how many Champions have done that on the all time list of Champions.

How many G1's did Paleface Adios and Pure Steel win in NZ?
    Paleface won a Miracle Mile, no Inter but of course many many heats, no Hunter Cup.
    Now "Jacko" the "Temora Terror" was a pin up horse of mine growing up, he was, is a legend and so was, is Steelo but sometimes something can pop up in your face and you dont realise you ARE watching a Champion.
    Last night based on his CV and of course he should have at least 2-3 years to go, Christen Me was Christened a Champ!
    The race wins are there!
    All BS aside Colin, Christen Me's resume is pretty impressive and it's very rare a horse can win the races mentioned by Ash either side of the ditch, I think that what a lot of people forget when classing a champion is the quality of the opposition that the horse is beating and at the moment it's the absolute cream of the crop, Longevity does play a part, I'll agree with that and if Christen Me is not already a champion, He's very close IMHO.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Is TTL considered more of a Champion in NZ compared to CM?

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    It's not even close Ev.....3 time cup champ & all.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Ye, that's what I thought Brent. Curious to see how TTL goes on Hunter Cup night.

Junior Member Weanling niloc will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    colin robinson
    maorisidol,Pure Steel raced 125 times for 68 wins,he cost $2400,he returned nearly a million bucks finishing in 1980,3 hunter cups(no horse had done that before or since) ,miracle mile(sat 3 deep all the way) 4 west aust pacing cups,kilmore cup.you can not class age races as group one races simply because of the age restrictions yes i know the chariots allows 5yo's as well.what do you think im themighty quinn would have done to those fields.Christen me is no pure steel, not yet.how much do you think $915302 earnt in the late 70's and 1980 convert to now??

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    maorisidol,Pure Steel raced 125 times for 68 wins,he cost $2400,he returned nearly a million bucks finishing in 1980,3 hunter cups(no horse had done that before or since) ,miracle mile(sat 3 deep all the way) 4 west aust pacing cups,kilmore cup.you can not class age races as group one races simply because of the age restrictions yes i know the chariots allows 5yo's as well.what do you think im themighty quinn would have done to those fields.Christen me is no pure steel, not yet.how much do you think $915302 earnt in the late 70's and 1980 convert to now??
    No argument from me about Steelo, He was an incredible horse.

+ Reply to Thread