Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ag hunter cup 2015

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac43 View Post
    Thanks Paul. Its a huge thrill to have a runner in the race that i have loved since i was a young boy. We are realists are don't expect too much from the little fella other than he do what he does every week and that is give his all. The support of the industry participants at all levels has been incredible. I have been on youtube to watch Stephen Bradbury a few times today

In the spirit of Stephen Bradbury, got to love that. All the best Dannie.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    You're there Dannie - as you hoped you might be when we spoke at the trials last weekend. Anything from here is a bonus and you will always have the racebook to prove it!

aussiebreno

Well done to the big odds Trifecta in the Hunter Cup they took there chance and were good enough to win/place it.

But given PMan, TTL and Guaranteed drop out, how good the run Christen Me? He didn't sit 3 wide quite as long as the others but still.

I assume he has seen TTL run as FAR has raced him...what was L McCarthy thinking?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I didn't sack Franco Ledger after making him my bet in the Vic Cup but only bet the win
    Good run by CM as you point out Breno

CM is rightful fav for the Inter but you have to go down to FL at $26 before you would want to have anything on any of last night's mob going on that races form

Anybody else think that Philly Man is smart enough to know the laps last night and took it to be a 2200 race - thus peeling off a 27.9 for the 2nd Q despite Jack trying to restrain him
    (The timing of TTL coming around could also have made PM think this)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    I was there last night...great event with a big diverse crowd....lots of young people.
    Seemed that many in the Hunter Cup were at the end of this preparation , or couldn't handle the distance.
    Kerryn's drive was very sensible.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I think we are all smarting after last nights Hunter Cup upset but I've been going through some stats this morning that might make some sense, The Kiwi's have far more stand starts races over there than what we do here in Oz, Now our racing here has become very much focused on sprint to 2200m racing apart from a few Country Cups and the Interdom, Hunter Cup etc, I've got together some figures for races above 2400m and I'll start with the Kiwi's,
    Arden Rooney 16 races
    Franco Ledger 44"
    Easy On The Eye 20"
    Adore Me 12"
    Christen Me 16"
    Terror To Love 34"
    Aussie Horses
    Restrepo 9 races
    Guaranteed 3"
    Philadelphia Man 3"
    Beautide 16(13 of these in Tamania)
    The figures are quite staggering and the Kiwi's definitley have a better all round game with their experience in standing starts and are far more experienced over the longer distance races.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 02-08-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Very revealing Rich. I would love to see more long races as they allow time for tactical moves. The WA Pacing Cup stuff is what I want to see
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree Kev, Great driving tactic's make racing a far better spectacle.

+ Reply to Thread