Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Headlines

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    If found guilty LIFE is the only acceptable penalty.This could well be the beggining of the end for harness racing as a punters sport.Has always been known as the red hots Cheating chariots and this will just confirm what people think.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister JayKO View Post
    The problem with all of the cases running at the minute is that they will linger and the negative press could further maim a sport in serious trouble.

My point exactly Stu! Get sick of the continued denigrating of our sport by a company that never reports on any of the good things attached to it.

I'm not a student of law but I thought process was arrested. charged and found guilty in court. So where does 'suspected' fit in. And suspected by who? The journalists writing the story? Suspected = could be or might not exist?

So...

"Fairfax Media recently revealed how a suspected organised crime syndicate, led by prominent harness racing owner Paul Sequenzia and which is linked to top trainers and drivers, has also been suspected of harness race fixing."

Reword...

"Fairfax Media recently revealed how a organised crime syndicate that might not even exist, led by prominent harness racing owner Paul Sequenzia and which could be linked to top trainers and drivers, has also been suspected of harness race fixing that might not even exist."

Also.... from http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...02-1345ux.html

Perna says harness racing anti-corruption measures are far less robust than those in thoroughbred racing. This is despite the fact that the headquarters of the two sporting codes are next to each other. Says Perna: "Harness racing has nothing like the integrity measures in thoroughbred. But all they need to do is cross the driveway to see how it could be done."

Yeh????

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/raci...3/default.aspx

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    If found guilty LIFE is the only acceptable penalty.This could well be the beggining of the end for harness racing as a punters sport.Has always been known as the red hots Cheating chariots and this will just confirm what people think.
    Settle down Brian. D Oliver still as loved in Vic Racing as Tom Brady is by Americans.

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Sorry Brendan he should have also been given a longer sentence but he never rigged races as these people have been alleged to have.To many hard working battlers in Harness to let these peole do that and get a slap on the wrist.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I agree with Breno, a bit over the top Brian...This could well be the beggining of the end for harness racing as a punters sport.
    I'd have thoughtthis event, and the new collaboration with the Police would only help boost confidence in the sport.
    If quoted correctly, I thought Sal Perna was a bit harsh on HRV's Integrity Unit, all they need do is cross the driveway to see how it could be done. Like anything else, funding would be the big difference.

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Guys i have loved Harness racing for a bloody long time and we now run 3rd behind greyhounds like it or not.The sport has a stigma and this latest is not going to help no matter what spin you put on it.Trainers have been given 10 years for cobalt chloride race rigging in my mind is worse.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Settle down Brian. D Oliver still as loved in Vic Racing as Tom Brady is by Americans.
    Fair go Brendan.....Brady hasn't been found guilty of anything whatsoever, unlike Oliver.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I wasn't commenting on penalties Barney.

+ Reply to Thread