Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Substances

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    [QUOTE=Messenger;51231]I hope we don't end up needing a Mitragynine thread. Sigh [/QUO

I think we would have to be a bit naïve to think that it wasn't here already Kevin. And probably other things , so far the cheaters have been one step ahead.

IMO cheaters are destroying the industry. AND personally I don't think its going very good. Do you?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was thinking the same about it being here Trish

As far as how we are going, I had a reminder of the gulf between codes last Saturday.
    Thanks to relies by marriage, I was a guest in the Committee Room at Flemington
    The Room (multi rooms actually) is huge and was packed. I have been to the New Members and the Old Members before. I did not venture out but no doubt these huge rooms/spaces were full too - full of people, most of whom have plenty of spending money.
    This is an average meet near on Winter

I know Ray Chaplin has said it many times before (more eloquently) - we need to attract people with 'spending money'

At the same time I cannot help but think that we have what I see as a huge advantage over the gallops - our small tracks not only don't require binocs or a large screen TV to know what is going on but actually have the potential to create a lot more excitement than the gallops where half the action happens half a suburb away

I hope I am not sounding like a snob but the entertainment industry we are in, demands a first class event to attract the big dollars that the gallops and AFL do. Some will say they are finding it harder too of late but it sure didn't look like struggle street.
    This does not mean we don't need ordinary folk like our good selves but we need a complete cross-section of society if we are to remain mainstream

We have to create passion for harness racing

ps One of my bros-in-law that was also there on Saturday, he was the one who introduced me to harness racing some 45+ yrs ago, asked me about Melton - he said it was too far for him to go (he lives in an East Melbourne suburb)

(Jumping off soap box now)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://harnessnews.com.au/2017/06/sh...positive-swab/

I think most people would have this reed on their property.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    More problems up Mildura way

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...squalification

Boris Devcic - 9mths
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Last edited by trish; 06-29-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Above both Mark & Jason were charged with rule 194......ok fair enough. But why did one get a $3000 fine & the other a 6 month suspension ??? Just asking??

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We don't know what the substance was for Mark Purdon, ideally you would like to see releases contain such information, but maybe it was a consideration. Possibly the guilty plea helped?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Now getting emails about this one.

How many SUBSTANCES were involved?
    What was being injected? Charge 1
    What was in the atomiser? Charge 2
    What did he procure and store? Charge 3

It would be nice to know as people are wondering whether this winner of MILLIONS has been getting an unfair edge
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The horse was probably being treated for a "medical condition", so I don't expect an explanation will be forthcoming.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    People would be wondering if the treatments were in relation to this http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=32685

+ Reply to Thread