Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Substances

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You would make an excellent Treasurer Wayne
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No doubt many have heard this ancient story but for those who haven't :

The day is often recalled when the late Duke of Norfolk accosted a trainer he had noticed giving "something" to a horse an hour or so before a race. "My good man! You should not be doing that sort of thing," said the Duke. "It could have a deleterious effect on racing."

The little cockney trainer replied that the "something" was merely a handful of sugar cubes - "quite harmless, Your Grace". To prove his bona fides, the trainer added, "I'll eat one and you have one too - they're nice and sweet." The Duke duly accepted the offer of the tidbit.

With that the trainer and the Duke departed. The trainer then walked over to his jockey and advised bluntly: "Now look, if anything passes you on this horse it will be either me or the Duke of Norfolk!"

Gentlemen Of The Australian Turf
    by David Hickie

I shouldn't laugh as it makes light of equine (and human) welfare - I'll blame my convict past
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    MEDIA RELEASE

10 April, 2017 – HRV Integrity Department using drone technology

Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Integrity Department advises that the services of unmanned Aerial
    Vehicles (drones) have recently been utilised as part of investigations into suspected race day
    administration and treatment.

HRV engaged the services of a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) approved external private
    company considered industry leaders in this area.

HRV Integrity Department will continue to use drones in future investigations to detect trainers
    engaging in race day administration or treatment. These measures are paramount to the integrity of
    harness racing and ensuring a level playing field.

The HRV Integrity Department is committed to ensuring such offences are disrupted and when
    detected, evidence is gathered against those responsible who are breaching the Australian Harness
    Racing Rules (AHRR).

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Smiled when I read this.
    I do not think it will work that well as I would be sure if you were going to inject/drench your horse on race day , most would do it in stables inside barns. However if you have outdoor stables it could work.
    Last edited by trish; 04-11-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Thought the same trish but also acts as a deterrent (disrupted). Also track non licensed persons entering stables on race day etc. Hope it works.
    On a lighter side, one of the first things that crossed my mind with an outdoor stable, no more peeing around the corner!

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    maybe if they think they are being watched, some trainers might back off a little, hhmmm.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    They may put the race day ones down in the last stables.....

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian

Frought with danger

So when my $30 000 two year old is buzzed by the drone boys and bolts through a fence who do I sue?

It is currently bad enough when the aerial line surveys happen and they notify me with 28 days of INTENT TO SURVEY. Straight to the barrister.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting question MJ. I am profoundly deaf and never thought about whether others can actually hear drones - are they noisy?
    I suppose if one was defending them you could ask whether they are anymore likely to spook a horse than say a crow or a seagull?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread