Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Substances

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    If that's what the science says why don't you lobby to change the rules, that simple.
    I have not seen once you ask why is the TCO2 level not 33. Attacking you motivation is hardly attacking you grammar.
    Why would I lobby for the TC02 level to go down to 33? Some horses could go to this level naturally. Cobalt level is something I would be looking at wanting to go down.
    You say you haven't seen me once ask why the TC02 level isn't 33. If you that keen on checking out my post history maybe you should reassess your motivation insults. Tipping look at my post history says nothing about Hillier's (unless I've tipped on of their's in the tips section) apart from this thread but plenty about other people who have got time for prohibited substance use.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    To be honest I am done debating this issue with you. As you say horses TCO2 levels fluctuate and by the stewards targeting one stable it shows there prejudice. I would like to see every horse over 33 be identified and have the same stable inspection on their next race day. If the level drops to 30 as in case charge them and rub them out. Its a targeted attack on one person but why don't the stewards do this to every trainer outside of the one standard deviation and charge them all.

aussiebreno
    To be honest I am done debating this issue with you. As you say horses TCO2 levels fluctuate and by the stewards targeting one stable it shows there prejudice. I would like to see every horse over 33 be identified and have the same stable inspection on their next race day. If the level drops to 30 as in case charge them and rub them out. Its a targeted attack on one person but why don't the stewards do this to every trainer outside of the one standard deviation and charge them all.
    If you doing nothing wrong what wrong with being targeted? It was hardly invasive targeting either. You reckon I need to be objective, this whinging about targeting seems pretty subjective to me Jack?
    Your initial gripe was about the circumstantial evidence and now your answer is to identify ones over 33 and rub them out if the level drops below 30. No pleasing you Jack.
    The Hillers weren't only one standard deviation out, and one standard deviation still have has a relatively high number of horses who fall outside naturally. That's why stewards don't do that.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    How do you know they occur naturally unless you inspect the stables on raced ay and make sure they are not drenched??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    I thought the stewards clearly displayed why the Hillier runners were looked at. Doesn't look like prejudice to me, with those statistics any specific stable would be looked at...I'd hope. Irrespective of outcome I'm of the opinion the stewards would not be doing the right thing by (prejudicing) other participants and punters if they didn't, at the bare minimum, ask questions of the stable.

aussiebreno
    How do you know they occur naturally unless you inspect the stables on raced ay and make sure they are not drenched??
    You don't actually know if they are natural or not, but based on normal results in a normal horse population a lot of horses could get a reading of 33 and for it to be natural therefore setting the threshold at 33 is too low given the chance of it being natural (from the science I have read).

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Buggered if I know how the "natural Level" of TC02 would be ascertained in this case when you take into account evidence tendered on page 11,

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...0re%20tco2.pdf

my maths tell me the horses were getting 500 grams of Bi-Carb per twenty litres of drinking water...if this was right how in the hell would you ever establish a "natural Level"

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...bites-the-dust

Will it ever stop? I am starting to think the industry is simply riddled with cheats
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...bites-the-dust

Will it ever stop? I am starting to think the industry is simply riddled with cheats
    Unfortunately it never will Kev , so many of the so called greats of the game only got to were they did because of it. Alot of trainers believe they can't complete with out help. It always has been part of the sport and always will be. The sad thing is the next big thing is probably already out their been used, theirs always something new out their some trainer will be trying.

+ Reply to Thread