Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Substances

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am starting to think the war has been lost. Lunched with a racing man who is a retired pharmacist and he was telling me about a compounding business whose biggest clients are horse vets
    I think that our only hope is to regulate the vets somehow - maybe if they had strict guidelines and faced the possibility of criminal prosecution/deregistration for breaches
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-08-2015 at 07:24 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not a good look for QLD - the first 3 stories on Harnesslink news Australia are all QLD drug problems
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    All these positive tests I cannot believe these people keep on using. Do they think they wont get tested ? I dont get it they keep using.........is there someone telling them what and how to use to avoid the positive.........or just desperate.

And not the little stables either. No wonder the industry is struggling.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can only assume that most dopers think they have an effective masking agent
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Further Samples Update – Mr Shaun Simiana

20 September 2016

FURTHER to the media release issued by Harness Racing New South Wales on 1 August 2016, HRNSW advises that it has received further reports from both the Australian Racing Forensic Laboratory (ARFL) and the Hong Kong Jockey Club Racing Laboratory (HKJCRL) that the Peptide VNFYAWK had been detected in the out-of-competition blood samples taken from the following horses which were stabled at the registered training establishment of Mr Simiana between the period 17 April and 3 May 2016.
    • WALKABOUT CREEK - sample collected on 17 April 2016;
    • FRANCO TIAGO - sample collected on 18 April 2016;
    • WALKABOUT CREEK - sample collected on 18 April 2016;
    • WALKABOUT CREEK - sample collected on 3 May 2016.
    Peptide VNFYAWK is known to be a highly specific fragment of recombinant human erythropoietin or darbepoetin alpha or methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta or recombinant human EPO-Fc.
    HRNSW has also received advice from the LGC Laboratory in the United Kingdom that its analysis of the sample taken from FRANCO TIAGO on 17 April 2016 revealed the presence of darbepoetin.
    Mr Simiana was stood down by HRNSW on 29 July 2016, and has been notified of these additional samples.
    Mr Simiana has not been charged with any breach of the Rules and has not appealed against the imposition of Rule 183.
    HRNSW Stewards have commenced an investigation into these results and an inquiry will be scheduled in due course.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    All I can say & have done for a long long time, is keep up the good work.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=31046

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Not a good look for QLD - the first 3 stories on Harnesslink news Australia are all QLD drug problems

At first I could not understand why they were fined & not given time but reading the drug penalty code for Qld, it became apparent .

Queensland penalties
    HOT on the heels of the above, the head of the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission, Commissioner Ross Barnett, released a draft schedule of minimum penalties for drug offences in racing.
    Three categories of drugs are covered and the fourth and fifth parts concern failure to supply a sample from a registered animal, or refusal to supply a sample by a participant.
    Part (1) covers banned prohibited substances, those which have no place in horse racing. Examples such as heroin, cocaine, cannabis and derivatives, LSD and growth hormones.
    Where no previous conviction is recorded the minimum is six years disqualification. With a previous conviction, Australia wide or in New Zealand in the last eight years, a life penalty applies.
    Part (2) includes 12 classes of prohibited substances, including recent compounds of interest such as cobalt, arsenic and alkalizing agents. Presentation of an animal to race with any of the listed substances brings a first offender a minimum 12 months disqualification. Two years if one conviction in the previous five years.
    With two convictions in that five year period, the guilty party is sidelined for five years and three convictions in an eight year span brings the life penalty.
    Part (3) provides for "other prohibited substances", anti-inflammatory agents and other drugs of therapeutic benefit to the animal outside of racing (pre-race cut off periods).
    A somewhat "softer" approach is taken here with stewards given the option of applying fines of $4000, or four months suspension, and $8000, or six months suspension, for a second offence across a five year period. Disqualifications of two and five years apply for infractions of two and three offences in a two and five year time frame.
    Part (4) involves failure to present an animal for sampling. It is six years out for the first offence, followed by life for the second in the eight year span.
    Part (5) relates to participants refusing to supply a personal sample and commences with a disqualification of 12 months. A further refusal within a five year period brings life outside of harness racing.
    It looks pretty savage on the surface. But if you look a bit deeper and consider what it is designed to achieve - a "level playing field' theory - it provides a great incentive for an honest approach to racing.
    From the animal welfare issue it is a very welcome initiative.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Love the look of the LIFE stuff..........

I thought Dexamethasone was a steroid???
    Last edited by trish; 09-22-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-archi...=AUS&x=58&y=14

I had a quick look at this list today.....................................how depressing.

+ Reply to Thread