Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Junee Classic Clash

Junior Member Yearling waggamick will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mick mundy

Junee Classic Clash

Does anyone have any idea where I can find the details of a race that was run in Junee in the 70's which by my recollection contained the best field of pacers that was ever assembled in the Riverina?
    I can't find details anywhere on the internet...I've done numerous searches and places like Harness.Org don't carry historic results, even under the horse's names..Welcome Advice., Paleface Adios, Just Too Good
    It was a FFA and I'm 99% positive that it was won by Reichmann.
    Can anyone come up with the date, field or full results?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Shame on me for knowing this Mick, but the race in question was 23rd March 1974, was a Standing Start 2170m event won by Reichman as you say by a head from Welcome Advice and Paleface Adios who was about 2 lengths back, they ran a pretty good time for a stand over 2100 on that track around the 2.06 mark, sorry mate I can't recall the other horses in the field but like you say pretty sure Just Too Good was amoungst them as it was only about a week after the miracle Mile that year when Hondo Grattan nosed out Paleface at the post....a VERY memorable race!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Only guessing Dan, Maybe King Frost in the field??

Junior Member Yearling waggamick will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mick mundy
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Shame on me for knowing this Mick, but the race in question was 23rd March 1974, was a Standing Start 2170m event won by Reichman as you say by a head from Welcome Advice and Paleface Adios who was about 2 lengths back, they ran a pretty good time for a stand over 2100 on that track around the 2.06 mark, sorry mate I can't recall the other horses in the field but like you say pretty sure Just Too Good was amongst them as it was only about a week after the miracle Mile that year when Hondo Grattan nosed out Paleface at the post....a VERY memorable race!
    Well done Danno...thats a lot more than I could find.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Only guessing Dan, Maybe King Frost in the field??
    Not too sure Rich, I know Hondo Grattan and Mitchell Victory weren't there as they went around in the Hurricane stakes at HP instead. Research tells me Just Too Good was definately in the field though.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    This isn't the Junee Race, but Reichman winning the Anniversay Cup in 1.58. at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds in 1972.
    Bill Collins call is a great one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAzfCnoZ2zA

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by waggamick View Post
    Well done Danno...thats a lot more than I could find.
    What do you mean 'find', Mick, Danno probably just remembered that!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    This isn't the Junee Race, but Reichman winning the Anniversay Cup in 1.58. at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds in 1972.
    Bill Collins call is a great one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAzfCnoZ2zA
    Thanks for that Noel, just a bit more evidence that our ANZAC horses were actually better than the septics in those days and probably today.........not trying to start an arguement....Brenno! where is triple????

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks for that Noel, just a bit more evidence that our ANZAC horses were actually better than the septics in those days and probably today.........not trying to start an arguement....Brenno! where is triple????
    We have got lots of fantastic new members/posters but it would be nice to have all our oldies too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread