Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds On Pops and Other Effects on Market Share

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    6 winners < $1.60 at GP tonight cannot be good for their turnover either
    Damn. I thought to myself Thurs night you would post about the Penrith meeting aand when I seen you post here I was certain.
    G Hall did get one winner at $20 and even tipped his $4 shot to roll his odds on fave in one race.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL me posting about anything out of Vic should be double digit odds Brenno. So what do you think - 6/9 odds on at Penrith, good for turnover?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Surely the reason we have so many super short odds on pops has got to be people getting caught out betting into the TAB pool. Nobody in their right mind backs Lovelist anywhere near the $1.10 it started tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal the_racing_wiz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jason Lincoln
    Clearly the rebate punters are the reason for so many $1.04 - $1.10 shots. They are just loading up to get 4-10% of their stake and then the rebate provides the extra juice.

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Jason Bonnington has penned an article in Harness Racer (due out 1 June) re short-priced favourites.

Quick stat, if you'd had $10 on the nose on all of them over past 12 months I understand you'd be about $1500 down. Backing them straight out probably not the best way to play them. Bonners knows his stuff and once the article is published in Harness Racer I'll publish it online and link up to it via this thread.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My odds on survey (see post 34) clearly suggested that backing all odds on faves had to be a losing proposition
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    My odds on survey (see post 34) clearly suggested that backing all odds on faves had to be a losing proposition
    The stats I've seen certainly confirm such an assertion.

At the same time I've never known any respected punter who simply backs horses that are odds-on because they're odds-on, so it's no great surprise to me that one would do their dough playing such a foolish system...

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From Bendigo last night. I want you to match the following horses records to the odds that they started

37-10-4-8 _________ 27-0-3-3

$29.90 ___________ $1.20

Thinking time music

The order for matching records to odds is: leave them exactly as they are

Yeah, I know you all got it right because it had to be a trick question and I was probably being a bit tricky picking horses from 2 different races

The horses were

R8 winner No Tomorrow and R9 winner Dawson Street

and yes I know NZ import Oh Jonny B Good caused No Tomorrow to be those odds but how does Dawson Street justify his odds? Probably simply barrier 1 in that field and he DID win

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...N060615&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    17 races in Victoria today.
    We had 10 races with the Fav ≤ $1.70
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A meeting with a difference tonight at Terang. There was only one favourite that won and there was only one odds on favourite for the night and he was not the winner

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...E230615&ms=vic

A great night for Michael Bellman - drove 3 winners and trained another
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread