Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds On Pops and Other Effects on Market Share

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Speaking of noms. Have you seen the field for the Melton election. In particular "Coburn", the industry's own Lance Justice running for Council.
    Go Lance

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It worries me that he is the president of the Trainers Association and they never meet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Checking the TAB pools for Yarra Valley today to make sure they are not as bad as they were on Cup day, I noticed how much lower the Trots race pools were compared to the Pacing races around them. Is this always the case?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Checking the TAB pools for Yarra Valley today to make sure they are not as bad as they were on Cup day, I noticed how much lower the Trots race pools were compared to the Pacing races around them. Is this always the case?
    Yes.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So trotting is only our future with the French on board
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Four odds on favourite's won at GP last night and three were beaten. Drawing the pole almost guarantees favouritism if the horse has any ability at all at GP, those were the three beaten favourites. I rarely back a horse at $1:40 even when I owned a few winners back in the day I would only back them lightly. I have heard the old saying "odds on-look on"

Ballarat had 6 odds on favourites win and win well last night, they were nearly all picked in the Sun newspaper yesterday so obviously they were seen as the better horses well before the race and heavy punters were already on board and would have cleaned up

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hi Pat, for the first 2 months of the season in Vic 60% of Odds On won or 40% lost, depending how you like to look at it. From previous surveys I have done, that is pretty much the norm. You certainly would not want to be backing all the Odds On favs or else you would be behind. I think the value is finding the ones who do not deserve to be but I haven't enough enthusiasm to follow the form closely enough nowadays
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    For the whole 37 races of the Flemington carnival only 5 favourites saluted with only one odds on at $1.70 (out of 3 odds on pops for the carnival)
    I don't think it hurt them although I guess there may have been less winners and thus less reinvesting which could have an effect on turnover
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Hello Kevin,The gallops are a lot more competitive and there were also a lot of winners paying around the $10 mark which IMO the normal punter and race goer loves, as previously stated the odds on favourite tends to put people off. Another factor for gallops is the carnival/festive type racing they do at this time of year, this attracts a lot of extra people with money and they all have a flutter which increases turnover. You wont hear anybody complaining about it, that's for sure. The feedback is generally that this type of event is world class. The inters can be like that but will take a lot of forethought and very good management.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You dont get Odds On pops much shorter than in the last at Melton tonight
    To illustrate the second favourite won and paid $15.80 ($23 fixed)
    Admittedly it was ridiculous odds about Cant Refuse as he had actually only won 2/17
    Once again it will not even cause a ripple - harness punters really are mugs

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM03121605
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread