Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Question is has Darren Elder driven the horse to allow its best chance of winning in the past??
    Thats a pretty silly question Jack when you look at Darren's record with the horse.
    I am loathe to enter this thread because of some of the naive statements that have been going on, but mate you really need to pull back there.

The horse in question has always had a truckload of ability, he has just been a bit shy in the courage department amd has been driven acordingly.

This horse, like many others is a work in progress, I was only talking to Darren about him a month or so ago and he was telling me the horse was starting to toughen up mentally and low and behold he sure did that last Saturday night.

The old Banjo Paterson Poem "Riders in the Stand" is an apt read I reckon, maybe it would be a good time to read it Jack.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Are you having a joke Brett.
    Just watch his previous start, the stewards note restrained after start. Went to the back of the field.
    The horse may not have flown the gate but he was certainly not restrained and intentionally took up a forward position. Like I have said a thousand times before great to see initiative but please be consistent and allow the drivers to drive their horse to get the best chance.
    No joke, and just watched the replay again. imo he would have slotted into the running line if he had the chance....that chance didn't eventuate, so he progressed forward two lengths to find the death seat, hence no change of tactics. Again, just my opinion.

As a punter, I like the COT rule and feel that it is not policed anywhere near enough. One instance off the top of my head was about 2-3 weeks ago in Vic where Gaita was on one of the favs drawn out wide. Her drive had had 4 runs from a spell, leading after showing GS in 3 of them from barriers 1,6 & 6 and death seating after drawing SR1 in the other. The green light goes on and she restrains to the rear.....no COT whatsoever and zero questions from stewards. imo instances like this are unacceptable let alone unprofessional.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    TT's never driven a swooper...and just missed? Anyway, will be good to watch the small track Wagga heats of the Championship tonight. Haven't looked at the form of the horses, and yep am a firm believer in drivers aren't magicians, but will be intriguing, for one, to see C Alford's versus TT's tactics. Might be a bit parochial but IMO C Alford is as good as anyone else out there tonight. Maybe I'd better have a look at the form and barrier draws then edit.

PS Might pay the stewards to have a little chat to Tim re leaning back in the cart before tonight. A little unintentional 1/4 length advantage if leading when heading for home 'smiles'

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Since the early to mid 2's and up until recently, I lived in the States for two thirds of the year.

I've seen TT in action for many years, he's driven quite a few horses for a LLC I'm involved with over there.

The difference over there to here, drivers find the bottom of horses.

Shannonsablast for the most part has spent his career at Menangle being driven cold or on occasion sneaking around to park (no pressure) for a dash up the straight.

The connections of Shannonsablast I bet are in awe of the horsemanship they saw tonight. Possibly a quick check to see if it's theirs : )
    G'day Bob,
    reckon your right, Tim Tetric did a great job of finding the bottom of the ones he drove at Penrith tonight, trouble was he still had 400 metres to go!!!

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Have to laugh, they question Blake for Terror to Love and still not have asked TT for a QDT the last 2 weeks. Maybe TT would have just laughed or maybe the Court should have just put TT on.

+ Reply to Thread