Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $91,936.69?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Question $91,936.69?

Vic TAB shows this amount was bet on the First Four for the Melton R6 Inter Heat
    Can this figure be right?
    It almost equals the amount bet on all other bet types for that race: Win, Place, Tri .....
    And is several times more than the First Four pool for other races

I am guessing the figure should be $9193.69
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Was there a carry over jackpot Kev? May not have been a dividend on the Hunter Cup.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Recently there was a carry over (maybe Hunter) but I can remember hearing it was jackpotting to the next race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting stuff Wayne. I just checked the Hunter and only aprox 33% of a unit must have been on winning combo as about 66% ($29k) jackpoted to the next race where the Pool was $136,419.16 - amazing what a jackpot can create!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I've been banging on about this for ages.

In the States, they guarantee pools. Now the level they guarantee them at isn't too over the top but the pools always surpass the guarantee two or three fold +.

There should be a lot more guaranteed pools, do we need both the Quinella and Exacta (my preference - #1 Pool in the States), Oh and the Duet ... another dud.

Would like to see them do more with the Big 6 - the Pick 6 is massive in the States.

Given that Harness Racing is desperate for every cent they can eek from the TAB, perhaps Harness Racing needs to be more proactive, work with the TAB on the products offered.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and don't get me started (too late) about not only the corporates but also the TAB re their refusal to accept wagers from customers like myself who only bet on Harness Racing.

I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if I was doing my arse but I'm winning more than I lose and that's totally unacceptable.

They're robbing the industry blind with one hand and playing Harness Racing for fools (especially in NSW and Vic) with the other.

I cracked up the other day when I heard John Dum herald two new sponsors for the TAB ID Grand Final Day - Sky and Luxbet i.e Tabcorp crumbs.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Bob, Yes we've been down this road before but it needs to be addressed and we must keep bringing it up, A close family member was an SP Bookie in the 70's, He had his regular clients and I was privileged to see how it was run when I was a young fella, They would accept all bets and anything too large would be off loaded to the TAB, Mostly to cover his backside. The Corporates need to smarten up and do something similar, You just can't run a business like this and be able to pick and choose winning and losing clients, It's just straight up discrimination. Yes apparently our industry receive loyalties or percentages but at the same time, If the Corporates are willing to market our product, They must be prepared to accept loses and really need to sharpen the pencil and the grey matter and do a bit of off loading. Yes the Quinella, Exacta and Duet needs to be revisited, Probably keep the first 2 or which ever is most popular, Guaranteed Pools are massive in the States and this is always going to get the Punters attention.

Junior Member Weanling FINEST will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    AMANDA MEAD
    Horses
    CHASE AUCKLAND
    The pool would be right ,as part of TABCORP sponsorship for the interdom. the First Four had a $20,000
    bonus added to the pool.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by FINEST View Post
    The pool would be right ,as part of TABCORP sponsorship for the interdom. the First Four had a $20,000
    bonus added to the pool.
    If there was a 20k bonus that would be enough to see the punters go crazy on it but why would the Vic heat have such a bonus and not the other states - their First Four pools on their heats were only average
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    If there was a 20k bonus that would be enough to see the punters go crazy on it but why would the Vic heat have such a bonus and not the other states - their First Four pools on their heats were only average
    Vic TAB, Vic racing.

+ Reply to Thread