Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: How can it be good for Australia to have the NZers come and take all the prizemoney?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Please keep sharing your opinions Trevor, I could have deleted Breno's 'trolling' or edited it to 'joking' but I left it as I can be too heavy handed.
    I cannot see how a poster or two disagreeing with you amounts to group-think. We may hear from others who agree with you but I must say that I have had posts that everybody disagreed with and I never thought "this is not a forum"
    Just my thoughts, I reckon editing would have been too heavy handed.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    This thread is now on an ever increasing tangent away from the issue for which it was established.
    Back on track eh.

There are plenty of NZ trainers collecting plenty of Aussie dollars. I'm even contemplating getting my share. After all the Australian Handicapping system is like a big bright star begging me to follow it across the ditch so why not.
    Of course it costs so much to get there, pay all the exhorbitant licensing etc fees etc so it's only for the very best. Perhaps that is why some believe as the thread title suggests take ALL the prizemoney.

This is an issue Australian authorities need to address if they dont want to cater for and welcome their Kiwi cousins.
    Of course it does work both ways. More Australian runners in The NZ Cup have won more often than not.
    More NZ based Interdoms have been won by Aussies when they have runners in the finals.
    A place is reserved for an Australian in EACH of the Jewels category.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    This thread is now on an ever increasing tangent away from the issue for which it was established.
    Back on track eh.

There are plenty of NZ trainers collecting plenty of Aussie dollars. I'm even contemplating getting my share. After all the Australian Handicapping system is like a big bright star begging me to follow it across the ditch so why not.
    Of course it costs so much to get there, pay all the exhorbitant licensing etc fees etc so it's only for the very best. Perhaps that is why some believe as the thread title suggests take ALL the prizemoney.

This is an issue Australian authorities need to address if they dont want to cater for and welcome their Kiwi cousins.
    Of course it does work both ways. More Australian runners in The NZ Cup have won more often than not.
    More NZ based Interdoms have been won by Aussies when they have runners in the finals.
    A place is reserved for an Australian in EACH of the Jewels category.
    TC is Back - soon to be appearing at cinemas/tracks in Australia
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    TC is Back - soon to be appearing at cinemas/tracks in Australia
    A politically diplomatic entrance Kev. Could teecee be Barnaby's brother?!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not really this thread but you can see why I put it here

The All Stars won 8 out of the 9 races they contested on New Zealand Cup day today including the Big one. They also claimed a trifecta and three quinellas.
    Domination by one stable can never be good for the industry

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahr/...s/111332rs.htm
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Well that’s a post Kev that should bring TC back out of the woodwork.

It took The Fixer and Dream About Me to beat Tiger Tara in the big one though, watch the start and what do you think happens if The Fixer and Dream About Me aren’t from the same stable? Dream About Me makes sure The Fixer can’t get out from behind Star Galleria for mine. Well done Kevin Pizzutto and Todd McCarthy, Tiger Tara went sensational.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    It was probably the most average NZ Cup field in memory, no real champions, some genuine Grand Circuit horses (Tiger Tara, Dream About Me, etc) and a lot of wannabes that would have been in the Junior Free For All in other years. It highlighted the hole that has emerged in NZ's open class ranks this year.

Thefixer won in exactly the same way he beat Vincent on Cup day 2 years ago - up the sprint lane. I thought the All Stars' had been pretty quiet this season until the last 4 weeks. A look tonight at the trainers'premiership shows 101 starts, 32 wins, 31 placings. Incredible numbers with lots of quinellas and trifectas, no doubt. In many ways, a big fish in a small pond but 8 wins from 9 races is some sort of effort on the country's biggest race day.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The NZers have achieved something we dream of ie the equivalent of a Melbourne Cup
    It may not be a public holiday but is part of show week and possibly the biggest day on the Canterbury social calendar. Maybe it is more the equivalent of Flemington's Oaks day as it pulls a very social crowd on what is supposed to be a work day.

(You have to hate the 'cheats lane' when the placegetters deserve the win more)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The NZers have achieved something we dream of ie the equivalent of a Melbourne Cup
    It may not be a public holiday but is part of show week and possibly the biggest day on the Canterbury social calendar. Maybe it is more the equivalent of Flemington's Oaks day as it pulls a very social crowd on what is supposed to be a work day.

(You have to hate the 'cheats lane' when the placegetters deserve the win more)
    Bit like the Kilmore Cup was back in it's day before the experts fixed it !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I used to love the Kilmore Cup. Didn't Kilmore once have a big day meet on American Independence day too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread