Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

aussiebreno
    Set an alarm for advertised race start time at Sydney/Melb races. By the time you hear the alarm, shut it up, reach for the remote and change the channel you will have missed half the race.

Set an alarm for advertised race start time at Melton or Menangle and you could probably go make a cuppa while you wait.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    i am getting sick of Harness being bumped to sky racing 2 all the time.But unfortunately it is our own fault, races always running late because of gear adjustments left to close to start time.How hard would it be to sound the bell 5 minutes before advertised start time to make sure drivers are aware of the time and do the adjustments then in readiness for the start.IO kinow sometimes things go wronglike a flat tyre etc and that cant be helped but a lot of the time its ear plugs or head check that is left to the last minute.
    A lot of the time races don't start on time because the stewards are not in position on time. Each time I'm on course I watch what time they get into position, more than half the time they are 1 min or more late. Horses and drivers are ready for several min but just have to wait for stewards. This just fires some horses up and the start gets delayed even more. I believe they should be watching the warm ups for strange behavior as well as the race.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Extr...Makeover-61219

He won for me on the weekend in his 152th start...amazing what you find on the net..refer above link

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well done James. If his wins equalled his seconds and thirds - he would be a $100k winner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by HISGEN65 View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Extr...Makeover-61219

He won for me on the weekend in his 152th start...amazing what you find on the net..refer above link
    Congratulations James! Well done!

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    if my others tried as hard as he does I could quit my day job..hahaha...thanks guys

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    One of Australia's most talented sports callers, Matthew Hill, returns to the race track on Monday at Warragul as caller.

Hill recently left Sky to return to Victoria and a position with ABC Radio, and will be heard at the trots as a fill-in over the next few weeks, I guess until footy season proper kicks off.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    One of Australia's most talented sports callers, Matthew Hill, returns to the race track on Monday at Warragul as caller.

Hill recently left Sky to return to Victoria and a position with ABC Radio, and will be heard at the trots as a fill-in over the next few weeks, I guess until footy season proper kicks off.
    Look like good meeting coming up at Warragul Kyle, what do you think

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ragul-meetings
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Gee that boy writes well. A shame the C0 series did not attract more horses given the Final is worth nearly $9000 plus sulky and trophies. But never mind, they must not need the money.

Numbers are light on Monday but some nice horses running. Lets hope a few more turn up Cup day, along with the true trotting fans.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was like Winter came early in Vic today.
    It would have been bloody cold at Kilmore tonight
    The Kilmore Gap weather station said the bulb read 8.8° at 8pm but the Apparent (feels like temp) was only 2.2°
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread