Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just noticed the Doctor I saw last Friday was the sponsor of the last race at Ballarat tonight - that is a Dr you have to love
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see another case of a suspended trainer's horse now being trained by a relative (in the same town) getting up at Shep tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see the stewards QDT for Joe Taaffe on Glenferrie Hood in the Italian Cup. He was certainly stitched up but maybe punters should not be sending horses out odds on when the driver has only had 2 wins for the season. I know he got a few wins last season but he seemed to have no idea of what was going on at the start of that race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The caller of Semi 1 C&G Breeders Challenge at Menangle had a terrible time of it in the last 300m with the runners, masters, majors getting interchanged. It is a tough gig
    I hope he had a stiff bar at the drink afterwards
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I see the stewards QDT for Joe Taaffe on Glenferrie Hood in the Italian Cup. He was certainly stitched up but maybe punters should not be sending horses out odds on when the driver has only had 2 wins for the season. I know he got a few wins last season but he seemed to have no idea of what was going on at the start of that race

Lack of local knowledge maybe Kev. I said to Luke on way to track Saturday night.... Lance's horse goes forward and so does Exciteusinthecity. Both best chances of getting in the money. If speed on Cold Major a chance. Glenferrie Hood either gets planted or gets lovely trailing run. He went to fence... got planted. Cold Major wins. Great drive!

Other race chat about. Hotasel best horse in race. Drawn 7 over short (amazing how may times wins). Driven like he the best horse in the race by J. Justice. Win like he best horse in race. Superb drive! Nice horse.

$72 daily double... I on ???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Lack of local knowledge maybe Kev. I said to Luke on way to track Saturday night.... Lance's horse goes forward and so does Exciteusinthecity. Both best chances of getting in the money. If speed on Cold Major a chance. Glenferrie Hood either gets planted or gets lovely trailing run. He went to fence... got planted. Cold Major wins. Great drive!
    Forgot... also if you watch the start of that race, watch how quickly Jason Lee (Metro Mike) reacts when he sees Lance in front and maybe looking for a trail and also the chance to put the favourite 3 back the fence. No mucking about, take initiative and nearly paid off. Also a great drive by a very talented young driver.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Young Fella on Glenferrie Hood was shaking his head after the race and looking for someone to blame maybe, Missed his chance early to get away from the pegs, So no one to blame except himself IMHO, Some real good drives in the race as you mentioned Paul and just because you are on the favourite doesn't mean the race will be handed to you on a silver platter, There could be 7 or 8 horses in the race that are a chance of taking the prize and driving the favourite always puts a target on your back. It was certainly a race of many chances and Cold Major's odds just staggered me, Time to start punting again!!!
    Last edited by Richard prior; 06-16-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It may be understandable that Robert Watson is having a Reduction Sale as he has some future broodmare prospects in the making
    Today's winner of the Princess of the Wimmera - Soho Berlin, is not only a good looking Somebeachsomewhere filly, her mum is a half sister of Sokyola

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#HSC08071506
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It may be understandable that Robert Watson is having a Reduction Sale as he has some future broodmare prospects in the making
    Today's winner of the Princess of the Wimmera - Soho Berlin, is not only a good looking Somebeachsomewhere filly, her mum is a half sister of Sokyola

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#HSC08071506
    Soho Berlin is for sale too Kev. Maybe you could buy her and she could be your foundation broodmare! Looking at Robs website it says he currently owns 218 horses! That's a lot of money in chaff and oats.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I skimmed the list and missed her Nate. I thought she was pretty impressive today. I know U30 is a favourite of Rich's as is the closely related Im Victorious so I might have to leave her to him
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread