Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The family doesn't mind New Zealand. I wonder if David White had anything to do with him landing at Courts?
    Junee having an impact on NZ racing this week!
    Not sure but I think he might of been with Mark Purdon to start with.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    No, the horse was at Brian Hancock's and a majority interest was purchased by clients of Graham Court during one of his stays at Hancock's stables when in Australia with Terror to Love.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Although it was probably the drive he needed to win (he was not so much better than them that he should have been $1.40), I am not sure I agree with the Sky boys giving Kate Gath a 10/10 for her drive on Padrisimo as she allowed herself to be pocketed
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC06051504
    He does not seem to have much size about him and it was probably important to not knock him around in his first start back from a spell
    That is 7/12 wins for Rob Nalder
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About

Thumbs up

Yes, the Horse (Padrisimo) is a midget & has not grown much from his Foaling date. Without getting into a typical owners debate - thoughts about his pride & joy, there are a couple of things I should say. Padrisimo spends every second in a playful mood each and every day, in fact from 1st light - moment each day, life is just a big game to him. He has thrown away more than one race thinking it is all over, the game that is, once he gets to a winning spot in the run home . He will sit on speed & hit the line like a very good horse if chasing from behind, as to him the game is still on. So the way Kate drove the race last night was 10/10 as this is what works best for the Horse. Andy has tried to get around his games with stack of alternatives, as he has great gate speed, but he has decided to try playing the little mans (Padrisimo's) games. So we know he will lose some races along the way but hopefully we win far more by allowing our Midget to keep playing his games. Hope this explains a bit more about our little bloke.

By the way Andy still charges the same rate for training a midget as he would a normal sized horse.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I can confirm Rob's explanation and reply to a tee after speaking to him about Padrisimo a couple of months ago and knowing the little horse has a habit of knocking off, I would give Kate a 10 from 10 for the drive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nalder View Post
    Yes, the Horse (Padrisimo) is a midget & has not grown much from his Foaling date. Without getting into a typical owners debate - thoughts about his pride & joy, there are a couple of things I should say. Padrisimo spends every second in a playful mood each and every day, in fact from 1st light - moment each day, life is just a big game to him. He has thrown away more than one race thinking it is all over, the game that is, once he gets to a winning spot in the run home . He will sit on speed & hit the line like a very good horse if chasing from behind, as to him the game is still on. So the way Kate drove the race last night was 10/10 as this is what works best for the Horse. Andy has tried to get around his games with stack of alternatives, as he has great gate speed, but he has decided to try playing the little mans (Padrisimo's) games. So we know he will lose some races along the way but hopefully we win far more by allowing our Midget to keep playing his games. Hope this explains a bit more about our little bloke.

By the way Andy still charges the same rate for training a midget as he would a normal sized horse.

I bet Andy says "he doesn't know how small he is"

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs up

The 10/10's have it LOL
    Great insight thanks Rob - the Sky announcer must have known.
    I don't mind being wrong, especially when I get such a good story in return
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

While agreeing with you about the absolute importance of foal numbers Rob and you are more or less coming at it from the point of making it more affordable, I also think that Harness Racing has to get their head around this equation:
    Exposure = Punting $ = Higher Stakes = Owners = Breeding
    We have to improve our exposure. I have a family member who works in PR and I am astonished how they can get favourable media placement for clients and it makes me think that HR either don't get it or have the wrong PR people.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    The remainder of this discussion has been transferred to the Caribbean Blaster thread under BREEDING where it has been discussed previously.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My Kiwi Mate (engaged tonight in The Reg Withers at Kilmore v Follow The Stars and that other horse we cannot mention) has been very competitive in the better NZ 3yo races - what would it have cost to buy this gelding (2nd dam is Classical)?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread