Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    Race 3 Gloucester Park... http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...wa#GPM02011504
    Does anyone know the form around this race? The race call expected him to launch and entering the back straight launch he did - 3rd quarter 28.4 went from last to 1st 4 wide. Awesome change of pace.
    He was classes above that lot last night Norman ($2- on Thursday was generous I thought) and the pressure Hall Jnr put on the leader early only enhanced his prospects. I think a better guide to his upcoming prospects could be gauged by the fast class race that followed last night. Tuxedo Tour went round fav in that race after two slashing performances his past 2 both against Heez On Fire. TT wasn't able to race in his desired manner on pace but still finished off strongly to be on the heals of the winner and runner up both of whom will be heading towards the upcoming two big cups. Im not sure either of the aforementioned will secure starts in those G1s but imo would certainly be very competitive in the consolations.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    He was classes above that lot last night Norman ($2- on Thursday was generous I thought) and the pressure Hall Jnr put on the leader early only enhanced his prospects. I think a better guide to his upcoming prospects could be gauged by the fast class race that followed last night. Tuxedo Tour went round fav in that race after two slashing performances his past 2 both against Heez On Fire. TT wasn't able to race in his desired manner on pace but still finished off strongly to be on the heals of the winner and runner up both of whom will be heading towards the upcoming two big cups. Im not sure either of the aforementioned will secure starts in those G1s but imo would certainly be very competitive in the consolations.
    Thanks for the response...
    So a nice horse well placed by his trainer. Capable of winning a good race here and there through his high speed if it is run to suit.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I couldn't have been more wrong Norman......they both got in. http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=GP090115
    I was of the belief Avonnova was heading west? Anyone??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mildura tonight - another meeting abandoned due to a mere half inch of rain
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You gotta love the racing at Burnie on the 607m track
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Like Melbourne without the grandstands all around. Here is a pic from Twitter

Last edited by Amlin; 01-11-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Three Trafalgar trainers will be seeking to outperform one another in the fourth race at this Monday afternoon's Warragul harness racing meeting.
    Chris Hunter, his son Glenn and Glenn's partner Tamie Frith all have starters engaged in the race.
    Chris saddles up Feel The Rhythm from barrier one against Glenn's horse Shicka Sharka from gate five.
    Tamie Frith trains and drives Bettor Biaggi which starts from barrier three.
    Feel The Rhythm ran a good enough race on debut during the week to suggest it will be a chance again on Monday at start two.
    Chris Hunter will be looking for a different driver in the race though as his son steers his own horse Shicka Sharka this week.
    Bettor Biaggi is unlucky not to have won a race over it's short career so far and should be thereabouts in Monday's race.
    Shicka Sharka showed good form with a victory before going for a spell and should improve on whatever it does in Monday's race.
    Elsewhere it is a strong eight event card on Monday with a number of local horses engaged, especially in the first race, the Trotters Handicap.
    Locally owned and trained three-year-old Bad Boy Cullen returns to racing with a good barrier draw in race three, while fellow Gippsland horse, veteran Melton Little Max, is chasing another Warragul win for trainer Allan Preston in race six after scoring at the Warragul meeting last month.
    Fifteen year old pacer Mister Douglas is competing in the last race.
    First event on Monday is at 1:28pm with free admission to the course for patrons.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Just wondering, stewards report from Globe Derby 10/01/15 there is an R. Sanders listed as a steward. Does S.A. have a steward by the same name or is this the R. Sanders from NSW? Not important just wondering?

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=GD100115

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Popular former Melbourne horseman Frank Hoban has died at age 90. Sons Shane and Gary followed their dad into the sport.

When I worked at HR Weekly over 10 years ago I interviewed Frank, a former boxer in his youth. At that stage he was the last trainer on the Gower Park track in Preston, and would jog his horse in the traffic down Murray Road every morning for pacework on the track. He always promised me a ride around the track (must have had a double jog cart) but I never did get there. There was a photo I saw some years ago of a horse parked at the traffic lights which was on the front of the Harness Racer - perhaps it was Frank driving.

One of the real characters of our sport who would have taken a lot of yarns with him. One of his best trotters was Bravado Vale (Kilmore Trotters Cup)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Popular former Melbourne horseman Frank Hoban has died at age 90. Sons Shane and Gary followed their dad into the sport.

When I worked at HR Weekly over 10 years ago I interviewed Frank, a former boxer in his youth. At that stage he was the last trainer on the Gower Park track in Preston, and would jog his horse in the traffic down Murray Road every morning for pacework on the track. He always promised me a ride around the track (must have had a double jog cart) but I never did get there. There was a photo I saw some years ago of a horse parked at the traffic lights which was on the front of the Harness Racer - perhaps it was Frank driving.

One of the real characters of our sport who would have taken a lot of yarns with him. One of his best trotters was Bravado Vale (Kilmore Trotters Cup)
    The boys just won the 2yo at Geelong to honour dad
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread