Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In another thread I suggested that only a 6 race program at Swan Hill last night was a bit of a worry but I did not realize that fellow Murray town Echuca was on tonight so that may have stretched the local horse population a little as they are only about 120k apart. I would imagine the programming is aimed at catching a few school holidaymakers so I hope they were heavily promoted and did/do well
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    After a nasty fall the 4th at Echuca tonight was rerun but now telecast on Sky2, which gave one the pleasure of hearing a Norway gallop call before it - funniest thing ever. Caller was working off their numbers which he admitted to not being able to see - saying things like "it is hard to see", "its number 5 or is it number 6?" ..... Paul you could lose Luke to Norway as soon as next week
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Punters must not rate Mildura form. R.1 winner at Ballarat tonight Laquila drew 2, had Greg Sugars on for the first time, had won 3 and placed 3 of her previous 9 and paid $40

R.5 Ballarat Volkswagen Pace - horses were tested for emissions

ps Lance Justice trained a running treble and none were favs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The last at Geelong tonight felt like a Sydney gallops race (ala Chris Waller)
    Pretty hard for the punters to know which way to go when Geoff Webster had the top 3 picks
    Doug's Limousine $2.90
    Angel of the City $3.50
    The Harlem Hammer $3.60

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#GEC01101507
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    After a nasty fall the 4th at Echuca tonight was rerun but now telecast on Sky2, which gave one the pleasure of hearing a Norway gallop call before it - funniest thing ever. Caller was working off their numbers which he admitted to not being able to see - saying things like "it is hard to see", "its number 5 or is it number 6?" ..... Paul you could lose Luke to Norway as soon as next week

Don't know if that was the race or if it was an earlier one but the turn into the home straight is a right angle and horses went everywhere rounding it. Luke listens to that bloke all the time. Some of his calls are very 'entertaining'. There's no direct link to this one so will try explain how to get to it as its worth a listen...

Go to http://www.skyracing.com.au/
    Click on the FORM GUIDE on the right hand side of screen bout half way down
    Then click on SEARCH Tab
    Enter 13-08-2014 in the Date from and Date to fields
    Then click on SEARCH button
    Its on the second screen so click NEXT and then click on TABY (SE) thoroughbreds
    And then you want Race 6 and click on the little speaker thingo to listen

Comes up just near the end of race..

No Luke you cannot use that term when calling races

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    UNBELIEVABLE Paul.
    Paul's instructions are spot on - it is worth the search LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    The Canola Cup meeting at Eugowra looked another great day on TV, and the main straight had the most unique floral display befitting the day.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Steve, I saw a bit of it on Sky and being a Vic did not know the track so I looked it up and was surprised to see it was 800m as it did not even look that on TV
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watched the replay of the last at Shep to see if the wind was a factor - it would appear not and no mention by the caller although the BOM says there were gusts of up to 59 km/h at time of running.
    Our poor galloping brethren had no Kilmore meet today as the wind forced its abandonment after part of the poly running rail was blown down before the first and the wind had still not abated over an hour later - they did have gusts up to 89km/h according to the BOM.
    Another advantage of our well trained standardbreds I guess - we only need pegs not a running rail
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Steve, I saw a bit of it on Sky and being a Vic did not know the track so I looked it up and was surprised to see it was 800m as it did not even look that on TV
    The Eugowra Club do an outstanding job and keeping kicking goals every year. The location and atmosphere is tremendous, and at the time of year, with the Canola in full colour, it's a really hard act to follow :-)

Regards

Mark

Closed Thread