Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Uncle Wingnut has bit me on the bum a few times in exotic's Kev ever since I mentioned that I thought his name was silly, Maybe a silly name but plenty of ability and another good run today.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is a great achievement and a great question Grant - historians start researching

(He had better watch out - I do not plan to start training until I am 83)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About
    Grant,

Good on him, how long has he been training for?

Obviously he is a very active person and great to see, hopefully we can read more about his story in Trottguide and on the links.

As for being a record, it is in my book.

All the best and hope he gets a stack more before he gives it away.

Rob Nalder

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I must confess that he has worked horses all his life but only took his liscence out about twelve months ago. Does drive all his own track work though. If it's not a record I guarantee he could hold the record for the crankiest trainer.....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Would have to be close. Not the oldest to have trained a winner but maybe the oldest to land his first anyway!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert

I'm going to be sent to the naughty corner but so be it. I tried to let it go and was relying on somebody else bringing it up but that hasn't happened. I'm 'POSITIVE' that after breaking out of the gate and losing 6 lengths, one shouldn't then be pressuring the leader (after also making a pretty quick run around the field) into a 56.7 sec first half effectively leaving your charge totally spent at the 700m mark. POSITIVE!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yarra Glen must be a pretty fast track nowadays
    They had three 1650m races before the rain, all won with times in the 1.56's
    Then after the track was rated Rain Affected they had another three 1650m races, all won with times in the 1.57's
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I see the Pacing Priest Father Brian Glasheen had a winner last night at Echuca, Russell Jack trains the winner but strangely, His son Nathan wasn't the driver and finished last on another horse.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    I see the Pacing Priest Father Brian Glasheen had a winner last night at Echuca, Russell Jack trains the winner but strangely, His son Nathan wasn't the driver and finished last on another horse.
    Rich, I think it was just that Nathan was not eligible for a claim like Pitt
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Maybe it's common knowledge to some, but it wasn't to me and I've seen quite a few people mention it over the years. Once fields are out it's hard to know what the exact conditions of the race were. Short of having a gazette which changes anyway I've heard a few moan about the fact the fields and/or form section doesn't list out the total conditions, and of course races change a bit after noms especially now in NSW.
    So what you do is go to the meeting calendar area on harness.org.au. Use Maryborough today as an example. If you just go into meeting calendar and click on Maryborough it will take you to the fields. So instead, do a program search (just search C0 or C1 because most meets have these) and it will come up with at least one race. Click on the link and it will open up the original race conditions.

Closed Thread