Closed Thread
Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Junior Member Foal cisco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    michael hill

ODDS and ENDS- Not worth a thread but worth a post

Hi Guys,

I would interested in opinions regarding the drive on Sovereign Faith in race 5 at Menangle on Saturday night.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley

ODDS AND ENDS-not worth a thread but worth a post

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I am flabbergasted at the lack of responses against this post.

Most of the regulars who post on this forum can't keep their hands off the keyboard when it comes to positive swabs or having a whinge about something, yet we finally get an administrator in Adam Fairley who has the courage to seek public feedback on one of the most proactive technology infrastructure investments the industry has seen and we don't hear boo from anyone.

I read this forum a lot and occasionally post something here or there but the more I read the more I think the regular contributors (most not all) simply want to fuel the fire with problems and controversy rather than do something useful like propose solutions or have a pragmatic discussion about how the industry can grow.

If you really care about harness racing then I suggest you take 20mins to navigate through the harness media centre and provide Adam with some constructive feedback on your experience.

Vent over.

Hi Mitch . I suppose I may be one of these Posters that you have directed this at , so I'll respond by saying that in my opinion, no matter what is done to promote this industry, unless everyone ,at least, feels like they are on some sort of level playing field you may as well be trying to patch holes in a submarine with tissues whilst resting on the Abyssal Plane . No proactive technology , no infrastructure investments is gunna stop us nose diving like a Japanese Zero or make people feel better . PEOPLE ARE REALLY ANGRY . When Mike Tyson knocked out Spinks in the first round do you think they said "Great news mate, at least you won't have to wash your shorts" . Well that's what your asking us to do . Some people do really care about harness racing and that's why they put fuel on the fire . That's why they want blood and that's the only way this sport can grow . I've been a part of this industry my entire life and I'm watching it fall down around me .

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco View Post
    Hi Guys,

I would interested in opinions regarding the drive on Sovereign Faith in race 5 at Menangle on Saturday night.
    Maybe try one of the other threads Michael
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I dont know whether the scheduling straight after the Crown is the problem but the fields for Horsham's Guineas and Princess on Wednesday are very disappointing and not only for quality as the Guineas has only a field of 6
    I feel like a hypocrite!
    Not only did virtual non-punter me back the winner of the Princess
    but it was because of the good tussle in the Guineas
    You see Always Wantano gave Jilliby Jagger a real run for his money
    and noticing that all the starters in the Princess were maidens other than one pony-sized runner
    I spot that Three Queens - having only her 2nd ever start ran a not too distant 4th to Always Wantano way back in December
    I figured she should and would have to be improved in her 2nd campaign and I felt the Finnis's would not have picked out the Princess on a whim
    so the long odds induced Kev to dip into the skyrocket
    Made a beautiful sunny day even sunnier
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Well spotted with Three Queens Kev, She's bred on a golden cross, Mach Three over a Beach Towel mare. Oh yeh, Where's my tip???

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    I feel like a hypocrite!
    Not only did virtual non-punter me back the winner of the Princess
    but it was because of the good tussle in the Guineas
    You see Always Wantano gave Jilliby Jagger a real run for his money
    and noticing that all the starters in the Princess were maidens other than one pony-sized runner
    I spot that Three Queens - having only her 2nd ever start ran a not too distant 4th to Always Wantano way back in December
    I figured she should and would have to be improved in her 2nd campaign and I felt the Finnis's would not have picked out the Princess on a whim
    so the long odds induced Kev to dip into the skyrocket
    Made a beautiful sunny day even sunnier
    You obviously just reinvested a bit of what you won on my horse in the race before. Lol, well done.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    You obviously just reinvested a bit of what you won on my horse in the race before. Lol, well done.
    Congratulations Rob, I wasn't sure whether your Terror had got up as in the Guineas before it the photo had gone to the inside leader
    You would have been pretty wrapped in Emma's drive. Peters Ace stopping a bit early made it difficult for you.
    That is the second time he has rated 1.56.3 now
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Congrats Rob, Pretty slick time as well.

Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Congratulations Rob, I wasn't sure whether your Terror had got up as in the Guineas before it the photo had gone to the inside leader
    You would have been pretty wrapped in Emma's drive. Peters Ace stopping a bit early made it difficult for you.
    That is the second time he has rated 1.56.3 now
    Thanks. The first time he rated that, the bugger tried to gallop half down the home straight. We'd almost given up on him, he's had a lot of health issues. Everyone who's worked him have always said he's one of the nicest horses they've been behind but for varying reasons it's never translated to the track (mostly). When we first got him my brother used to fast work him a lot and he said he used to handle Arber and Ballochbuie pretty comfortably.

Here's hoping it's behind him and he's finally turned the corner. The 3 starts he's had for Mick Bellman are the best he's looked since we've had him. He'd go rough in just about every other start he'd had.

As for Emma, I spoke with my brother a little while ago and he said that Mick told him that Emma's fallen in love with the horse and won't let Mick near him, lol. I don't think Mick's dad will let him shoe him either, he does it.

It sounds like Cocko is in a pretty good place.

Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Congrats Rob, Pretty slick time as well.
    Thanks Richard, it's been a while coming. Patience from all concerned. He seems to be heading in the right direction at last.

We're getting excited now to see how Ballochbuie comes back in a month or so after spelling.

Closed Thread