Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I love Horsham so please do not take offence and maybe I am being a little critical (no, I am not banging on about the lack of a replay screen again - oops I just did) but although I saw full page ads for Alabar (2pgs) and Rosehill Farm in the Racebook today (and these may have been freebie thank yous of a sort), nowhere did I see any mention of the fact that both these studs donated Services today, not even as a trophy listing with the stakes. I reckon we have to make a fuss of such things
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco View Post
    Hi Guys,

I would interested in opinions regarding the drive on Sovereign Faith in race 5 at Menangle on Saturday night.
    No qualms with me Michael (welcome to the forum) although I get the frustration.....buried back on the pegs is not where anyone wants to see their $1.80 charge. The horse didn't help herself by pulling very hard throughout, not to mention the check that she got. If u backed her mate, I'd butter up again next time.....which won't be this Satdy as she has already been scratched unfortunately.
    Cheers

Junior Member Foal cisco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    michael hill
    Many thanks Brent L for your response. No qualms with the horse's run but to go three back the pegs at Menangle when there was plenty of time to get to the death(and then hopefully get some cover) or even try for the lead is not a good look for the sport.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco View Post
    Many thanks Brent L for your response. No qualms with the horse's run but to go three back the pegs at Menangle when there was plenty of time to get to the death(and then hopefully get some cover) or even try for the lead is not a good look for the sport.

An inquiry was opened into the driving tactics adopted by Driver T McCarthy ( SOVEREIGN FAITH NZ) in particular the early stages when he directed his runner back to the position three back on the marker pegs and also if there had been an opportunity earlier in the event to move wider to gain a position in the running line. As a result, SOVEREIGN FAITH NZ was unable to secure clear running at any stage in the home straight and was not fully tested. After taking evidence from Driver T McCarthy and Trainer J McCarthy the inquiry was adjourned to allow Stewards’ an opportunity to examine wagering and the explanations given.

Junior Member Foal cisco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    michael hill
    Many thanks Trish - what did you think of the drive???

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Last week of the season and I added FIVE trainers to my database today for notching up their first wins in Vic for the season
    Two Watson's . E.P and K.M but both appear to go by their second names. Paul from Carisbrook and Mark from Kyabram
    Frank Barac from Elmore, Shayne Eeles from Rochester and Chelsea Kiely from Junortoun were the other three
    They left it late to get on the scoresheet this season but congratulations to the quintet
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-29-2014 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Found more
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hey Trish, what was that one about? Only getting:
    'The article you requested could not be found, or is no longer available.'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Hey Trish, what was that one about? Only getting:
    'The article you requested could not be found, or is no longer available.'
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24321

Strange!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    What can actually be done about this though?

We all know what the inference is, but without a swab over the prescribed level of 36 I'm not sure if the rules allow for a charge. Other then that we're relying on trainers dobbing themselves in which isn't going to happen.

Not that I'm complaining about what the stewards are trying, good on them!

Closed Thread