Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Thirty years ago today since Popular Alm made his emotional comeback from injury at Moonee Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvR-9puqH-w

Thanks Kyle, I've just spent the last hour watching some of his races again.

I remember going to watch him, jeez he could pull people through the gate, like Quinny does over here these days.

Junior Member Yearling lasse will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lasse kosklin
    Just watched his 1983 MM where he outstayed the mighty Gammalite sitting outside him and beating him.Brought back great memories as Poppy was stabled at my Condell Park stables on his Sydney raids.Got a beautiful photo of Vinny and Poppy when they stayed.Not tech savvy enough to post it here but will see if my son can post it!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Race 2 at Geelong tonight is restricted to horses trained by the holder of a B grade Trainers Licence. Is this a common type of restricted race - I know I am not very observant but I have not noticed this before
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Unheard of - I dare say its restrictive practice but in all my time I have never seen a race programmed for a class of trainer.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    They have started running something like that in N.S.W. Races for horses with an average mile rate no better than 2:02 over their last six starts (competitive stakes) and races for trainer who did not train a winner in the season 2013 - 2014 (encouragement stakes). They change the mile rate of the competitive stakes and some encouragement stakes are for less than five or 10 wins for a season.

COMPETITIVE & ENCOURAGEMENT STAKES

Effective immediately HRNSW has changed the conditions of the Competitive and Encouragement Stakes.
    Competitive Stakes
    The intention of Competitive Stakes events is to allow those horses that might not be competitive in class or divided stakes
    racing to be placed against others of the same capability at a given time in their career.
    Generally these races have worked very well prior to the introduction of the new race programming and handicapping
    system on 1 September 2014 and since that date.
    Numerous circumstances have occurred in all Regions where well performed horses have gained a start under the
    advertised conditions by virtue of competing in standing start or long distance events in New Zealand within its last 6 starts.
    As soon as this scenario frequently occurred, which is against the intention of the race conditions, HRNSW took steps to
    ensure that such scenario does not arise again into the future.
    The new conditions for Competitive Stakes events is as follows:
     For horses which have had a minimum of 6 career starts and whose last 6 starts were in NSW
     An average individual mile rate of no better than a specified time is to be stated
     The average individual mile rates are to be based on a specified number of starts (i.e. 4, 6 or 10)
     The conditions may or may not have a specified class restriction (i.e. assessed no better than C1).
    For example:
    For horses which have had a minimum of 6 starts and whose last 6 starts were in NSW that have an average
    individual mile rate of no better than 2:02.0 (over the last 6 starts) and are assessed no better than C1.

Encouragement Stakes

The intention of Encouragement Stakes events is to allow trainers that have not won a specified number of races over a
    prescribed time to race against other trainers in the same situation.
    Generally these races have worked very well prior to the introduction of the new race programming and handicapping
    system on 1 September 2014 and since that date.
    Numerous circumstances have arose in the 2014/15 season where trainers with limited wins in the 2013/14 season have
    been eligible under the conditions and have gone on to win multiple races in the 2014/15 season.
    As soon as this scenario occurred, which is against the intention of the race conditions, HRNSW took steps to ensure that
    such scenario does not arise again into the future.
    The new conditions for Encouragement Stakes events is as follows:
     The conditions may or may not have a specified class assessment front and/or specified class assessment back (i.e.
    C0/C1).
     For horses trained by trainers which have not won a specified number of races during a specified time frame.
     Horses must be trained by an eligible NSW licensed trainer for 28 days prior to acceptances.
     Eligibility is determined by lodgement of the stable return to HRNSW.
    For example:
    3YO+ C0/C1. For horses trained by trainers which did not train a winner in the 2013/14 season. Trainers who have
    trained a winner in the 2014/15 season are ineligible. Horses must be trained by an eligible NSW licensed trainer for
    28 days prior to acceptances. Eligibility determined by lodgement of the stable return with HRNSW.
    For further information please contact the Racing Office on 1300 712 612.
    John Dumesny
    Chief Executive

Fishers Ghost Meeting Menangle Sunday conditions
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-pr...&fromstate=nsw
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 10-21-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Annunal Fishers Ghost meeting

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ultra consistent Lord Monaloo 54-20-16-5 (and yet an M0) has found his way back to trainer Kylie Sugars and won first up for her tonight at Geelong paying $25.40

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#GEC21101401

Kylie trained him for his first 2 starts nearly 3yrs ago and 51 starts later he is back
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Kev, what is this? Get your man at HRV on to this.

This week’s Insider Access newsletter contains the following feature stories:

AU: Thin skinned stewards - Following an exclusive article on Harnesslink earlier this month, Victorian horseman Lance Justice is the subject of stewards' inquiry. Angered by the suspensions he received at Melton on September 29, Justice questioned the lack of definition between light and heavy interference stating: "The stewards are too heavy handed. There is no defining difference between light, medium or heavy interference, and as such, it’s just bang...this is the sentence. Its mandatory sentencing gone mad."

AU: Novelty or offensive? - In a world of political correctness, would be it okay to conduct a race limited to third generation Australians? How about a race for men only?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They do not reply to my email. Somebody who would know better than me suggested to me that they ignore stuff they do not like.
    I may have to follow TC's link and use their official complaint form to get a reply
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    They do not reply to my email. Somebody who would know better than me suggested to me that they ignore stuff they do not like.
    I may have to follow TC's link and use their official complaint form to get a reply
    don't hold your breath, having sent many emails they rarely get back to you. Their's not acountable for anything

Closed Thread