Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I watched that one live on Sky Paul (would have gone except the main race was too late to get home before the kangaroos and wallabies hit the roads) I knew they were going fast but didn't realize it was that fast. It was a super run by the odds on fave in the death but if he had let Australian Bite across he probably would have won
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Amanda-Grieve-

It should read Turnbull but typo aside, in my db I have Amanda down as having now trained 3 winners in Vic this season, not just having trained her first - does anyone know if I am definitely wrong (I could have mixed up AS/Steve with AJ but I do not think so as I have her entered as Amanda)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for the pm Breno, I don't know how I made that error - with her driving for A.S all the time I will assume I got the trainer and driver mixed up and give Steve 2 more in Vic. I am still not really believing it for how did I have her down as training from Shepparton if she should not have been in the db until the Bendigo win? And is that right (for NSWs leading driver0?

Apologies for rambling on but I like to think my db is accurate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There was a $621 runner in the claimer at Kilmore tonight - longest shot I have seen for awhile.

and was Claimed
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-11-2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added Claimed
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    There was a $621 runner in the claimer at Kilmore tonight - longest shot I have seen for awhile.
    Am I missing something- 620/1 and it was claimed??

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    At only $2k maybe somebody was doing some last minute birthday shopping for their daughter

It was very cold in Kilmore tonight - maybe that explains the ordinary times all night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Just had a quick look......mid tote that horse was $62 so I think it's safe to say it was a typo Kev. $62 not $621

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Does anyone have an opinion on the protest on Race 3 @ Charlton yesterday? I was absolutely staggered it was not upheld. I have seen protest in Victoria upheld for minor interference @ the bell upheld and I thought there was no doubt this one would have overturned the winner.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion on the protest on Race 3 @ Charlton yesterday? I was absolutely staggered it was not upheld. I have seen protest in Victoria upheld for minor interference @ the bell upheld and I thought there was no doubt this one would have overturned the winner.
    Just had a look Jack and it's a mystery to me as well, stewards comments were "Nonno Medoro" also hung in, and he was laying in a bit all the way but when they locked wheels the leader left the pegs very sharply and at least half a cart. I reckon the connections of the second placed horse can count themselves a bit hard done by there.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That's a disgrace, No doubt what so ever the 2nd horse was going to win the race and clearly the winner has rolled off the fence and caused the wheels to lock and has taken all the momentum from the 2nd horse. Race 3 in the afternoon is a bit early for the beer googles but it appears the steward had them on.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 06-13-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Closed Thread