Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Silly thing is Brent the horse that went from 1/1 to try to get to the death is a Mildura local Trainer Driver.
    With a Cramp horse leading (2nd Fav) and a Cramp horse in the death seat (4th Fav), and you are $28.70 whats the real chance of you gettin the death?
    Zero.
    And the exact score out of ten I award for the drive.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I did more racing at the athletic track myself Wayne - your local knowledge makes me think we may have lived closed to each other at some point. As well as that I taught in West Heidelberg for 10yrs

Might be getting a bit of topic Kev so I'll bring up Bruce Skeggs OAM again. I take it he never got your vote Dips my lid, 10 years teaching in West Heidelberg! I knew a girl who did her student teaching rounds at Waterdale High. Lived out past 'borough but knew the ath's track well, mainly driving past but had a run around or two, Watsonia High School aths. Left the area in my mid 20's.
    Last edited by arlington; 01-15-2015 at 02:44 AM.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Anyone out there clued up on the D Graham situation in Brizzy?? He has just had all his horses SCR today......order of stewards.
    Last edited by brent_L; 01-15-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: brain fade. wrong name

Member Gelding Sofoulis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Sofoulis
    Occupation
    Pen pusher
    Horses
    Yayas Hot Spot, Eh Ef El, Summertime Liz
    Yes - a misunderstanding between on-course vet, stewards and Darrell meant that Darrell, who was looking out for the welfare of his horses, gave his horses a drink of water with molasses (bought from stewards)... this was done after consultation with the vet and steward at stables only for the broader steward team to declare it as giving his horses an unfair advantage and therefore ordering his horses scratched.

I understand that in every other normal part of Australia, allowing your horses to drink before a race (with or without molasses) is permitted. Seems QLD stewards are of a different view.

Darrell had one of mine in today (now scratched) and I am glad he did what he did - I would much prefer my horse have a drink and be scratched rather than dehydrate... just wish the stewards could have some common sense (and trust their on-course vets) a little more...

We move on...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofoulis View Post
    Yes - a misunderstanding between on-course vet, stewards and Darrell meant that Darrell, who was looking out for the welfare of his horses, gave his horses a drink of water with molasses (bought from stewards)... this was done after consultation with the vet and steward at stables only for the broader steward team to declare it as giving his horses an unfair advantage and therefore ordering his horses scratched.

I understand that in every other normal part of Australia, allowing your horses to drink before a race (with or without molasses) is permitted. Seems QLD stewards are of a different view.

Darrell had one of mine in today (now scratched) and I am glad he did what he did - I would much prefer my horse have a drink and be scratched rather than dehydrate... just wish the stewards could have some common sense (and trust their on-course vets) a little more...

We move on...
    Gday Adam. Are you serious?? You paying up to have your horse trained and race and they do that?

Maybe Darrells bucket was 50mm too wide.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Beggars belief!

Member Gelding Sofoulis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Sofoulis
    Occupation
    Pen pusher
    Horses
    Yayas Hot Spot, Eh Ef El, Summertime Liz
    Ha! Yeah, I did ask him to re-measure his bucket and to check that his shoe laces matched his underwear... he had all of that covered... but alas, he can lead a horse to water but if a steward doesn't allow it to drink.......

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofoulis View Post
    Ha! Yeah, I did ask him to re-measure his bucket and to check that his shoe laces matched his underwear... he had all of that covered... but alas, he can lead a horse to water but if a steward doesn't allow it to drink.......
    Gobsmacked! Thought Ballarat Cup fiasco silliest thing I ever witnessed but Qld go one better. Feel for you.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What has happened to the results for races 3 & 6 at Kilmore tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...I150115&ms=vic
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    A great sight later today (Friday) when Scottsdale races their once a year meeting on the TAB/SKY circuit on SKY2 from just after 5pm Melbourne time.

All stand start racing around a track which circles the local footy ground about 740 metres around with a straight of 80 metres. Apparently they get a big roll-up of people too. Another of those quaint little venues that have been a part of the sport forever on the Apple Isle.

Fields - http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=SC160115

Closed Thread