Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Leading driver Chris Alford could only get one drive at Maryborough today before heading to Swan Hill for four - maybe that is why we call them drivers

(I know it is only 2.5hrs between these tracks but even in this example Chris would have had to spend 5+hrs on the road - probably about his daily average)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    In WA, there are a bunch of $10k and $15k C0-C1 races. Why. Our little horse is a C9 and its tough to find races for him. What they should do is increase the stake with the more races you've won. So a c1 is $5500 a c3 is $7k and a c10 is $9k. Only fair to win more if you've proven yourself by winning

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Did a little detour on the way home folks
    How I missed it on the way through the first time I will never know
    It is so prominent and an excellent tribute which looks fantastic even on a miserable day
    (not sure how my whiskers look so grey in this pic - I look like a bit of a paleface myself )
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe I missed this when I was away up North but I noticed this morning's age has no liftout for Saturday's gallops - only a mere half page for Flemington in their sports section (as per a weekday meet)
    Is this a reflection on racing? A cutback by RV - do they fund it? Or symptomatic of the irrelevance of paper form guides nowadays?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Had heard the other week they were dropping the Sat guide.

Spotted a new one called the Big Weekender in our local yesterday which has a 4 page gallops guide and editorial cover

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Very mild weather blessed Stawell harness today for the Maori Legend.
    It was the official opening of the recently renovated bistro and HRV Chairman Dale Monteith was in attendance
    I am not sure our solitary bookie's decision to move into the bistro paid off - I never saw him take a bet
    I would have liked to be a bookie for Race 7, I could not believe the market for what was an open race with Our Sir Ivanhoe $2.30 fav
    I fear home viewers may have seen (or not seen) plenty of races shafted to Sky 2 as every second race seemed to have a false start today
    Jason Lee came within a metre of driving the Quaddie but Mum's Keayang Squizzy pipped him

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...W200716&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hoo Nien had not placed in his previous 8 starts but the punters sent him out an unbelievable $1.30 in R4 at Kilmore today, apparently based on his move to the Gath stable

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#KIC21071601
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    For some reason these stories don't make it onto the national website but a story from the midweek Melton meeting

http://www.cranbourneharness.org/new...-with-sadness/

"Exciting four year old pacer Saint Davids Field announced his arrival as a racehorse of the future with a big win at Melton on Thursday night but the joy of victory was tinged with a good deal of sadness for connections.

Saint Davids Field was bred, owned and trained by Steve McCallum who passed away in January of this year after a battle with cancer at just 27 years of age........"
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-23-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    This one from last Saturday probably deserves a mention, and I'm surprised Danny didn't get there first.
    Race 2 at Newcastle Saturday 16th - result Dead Heat - Kinsella and Manaway. Doesn't happen often but happens enough
    Bill Buckley (Maitland Trainer and driver of Kinsella) bred both horses. They believe that to be close to a first.
    link to result: http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#NRC16071610
    The only link I can find to the story is the Newcastle Harness Racing Club facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NclePaceway/?fref=nf

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That would have to be a record Norman.

I reckon 3 horses with 'Kenny' in there name winning at the same meet might also be a first - see Shep tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...P220716&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread