Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Should HRV Pay to get Harness on Free-to-air TV like Netball has done?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Perhaps I should have rephrased it as people who will write about negative news these days! This could be seen as creating a false impression that all is right and everyone is happy - which is in fact not the case from what appears on social media

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    With the extra channels we have on free to air I think it probably is the time

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Racing Vic (gallops) sure is taking their time about coming to an agreement - they should be embarrassed that this has dragged on for months which has resulted in this blackout of Vic racing that must be hurting their turnover take
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...25-ghxl0g.html

The blackout ended, well sort of, with Ch 78 broadcasting the racing.com feed but BAD LUCK if you live in the country eg Prime 7 in Western Victoria - NO gallops racing channel for you
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://theage.digitaleditions.com.au...&view=ZW50aXR5

Apparently the blackout is helping harness
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The new seven network Vic gallops channels that started in full swing yesterday, 68 or 78 depending on where you live, look really good.
    Apart from catching non Sky/Foxtel subscribers at home, I would not be surprised if they prove popular at some public venues as it costs them nothing - was at a licensed cafe today in Dunkeld today and they had it on
    I wonder whether Vic harness could get a leg in here for our big meetings? I don't know how receptive the gallops would be as I think they like the easy pace of just broadcasting 2 meetings simultaneously but I reckon there would have to be some night spots that we could buy
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was interesting to see the new CH7 gallops channel on one of the TV's at the Horsham trots today. I must say it is more my cup of tea than the continuous racing product on the Sky Ch's where you have half the screen filled with betting data for the majority of the time. On 78 you see lots of replays etc - I found that rather ironic as at Horsham we do not have a replay screen of the track's events. I have asked Horsham and Mediatec staff about it in the past and cannot remember why it is not possible - I probably was not listening properly because we all know that it must be possible. Maybe it all boils down to who gives a dam - today you never needed more than your fingers to count the number in the track-side lounge at any time I was in there, which was the whole time between Races 2-6 bar the couple of minutes when those 5 races were run. I only saw the barman serve one drink in all that time. The weather was not that bad really (felt much warmer than the bureau is suggesting) but there was never more than a dozen in the stand to watch any race either.

Being inside the gallops track, Horsham is not a good example of what harness has to offer (a close up experience) and I know it is not about track attendance nowadays so it will be interesting to see how the new gallops/Ch7 alliance works out - I could be converted.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread