Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bohemia Crystal

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters

The Bohemia Crystal

Does anyone else think that the Bohemia Crystal is out-dated and a waste of time? I know it does not matter anymore as the Interdom is actually going back to a normal arrangement as opposed to its current bastardised format.
    When I look at the Bohemia winner getting $60k and third in the Interdom getting $50k all I can think is there something seriously amiss with this.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    What would they replace it with, and what would the prize money be then? How much $ was waged on the Bohemia Crystal?

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Not that it matters as it is all hypothetical but surely if the race was only worth $50k the industry would still keep more money then they would receive from turnover. Or maybe this race is just kept as compensation for the ridiculous situation where Franco Ledger was not invited in the first place.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    It wont be part of the undercard to the ID any more. Hopefully get back to where it once was.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Bohemia Crystal is out-dated and a waste of time? I know it does not matter anymore as the Interdom is actually going back to a normal arrangement as opposed to its current bastardised format.
    When I look at the Bohemia winner getting $60k and third in the Interdom getting $50k all I can think is there something seriously amiss with this.
    +1

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    The race used to be the consolation of the Miracle Mile, the race in 2000 was $400k for the MM and $27k for the Bohemia.
    Considering the MM 6-8 runners at this time surely this was far more in line with what the prize money should be.
    To be honest I think the $50 would be better spent on grassroots racing.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yesterday it was a consolation for the Inter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I'd like to see this race ramped up but run well away from the MM.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    $3 for the winner for most of this week ... they can run it every week : )

A 100K FFA to coincide with the MM adds more depth to an already great card (assuming the MM replaces the ID?).

Would love to see it in the Twilight too, if they have to have it on a Sunday. It was horrible out there again yesterday.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The argument will be that if it's on a Sunday, they can throw money at Channel 9 to show it. Ask your non Harness Racing fan (family, friends and workmates) if they watched the ID yesterday and you'll be lucky to find one that stumbled upon it.

99.9% of those who watched it yesterday on 9 would have flicked over to Sky to watch it if 9 wasn't showing it.

Would love to know how much it cost to have 9 show it because if it's put one extra bum on a seat out at Menangle in the last 2 years I'd be very surprised = dead money.

It was a good crowd yesterday for sure but the three times previous I've been to Menangle were important races nights, the two Saturday nights before the MM and ID Heat night and it was dead quiet and it was free entry.

+ Reply to Thread