Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
The argument will be that if it's on a Sunday, they can throw money at Channel 9 to show it. Ask your non Harness Racing fan (family, friends and workmates) if they watched the ID yesterday and you'll be lucky to find one that stumbled upon it.

99.9% of those who watched it yesterday on 9 would have flicked over to Sky to watch it if 9 wasn't showing it.

Would love to know how much it cost to have 9 show it because if it's put one extra bum on a seat out at Menangle in the last 2 years I'd be very surprised = dead money.

It was a good crowd yesterday for sure but the three times previous I've been to Menangle were important races nights, the two Saturday nights before the MM and ID Heat night and it was dead quiet and it was free entry.
I will not argue that a free to air time slot needs to be a regular spot with plenty of promotion for it to have a chance of recruiting new followers. You have to say Bob, that Sky's disregard for the Menangle program in preference for gallops of SFA importance was sickening

ps I am not sure we are in the right thread here