Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victorian Trainers scoreboard at the half way mark of the season

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Victorian Trainers scoreboard at the half way mark of the season

At the half way point of the season I thought I would compare how trainers are going compared to last season. I did not think to do a save at the half way mark of last season so you have to do a little mental arithmetic and halve their end of 13-14 year tallies for comparison.

We have to give or take a little of course especially when you consider the unevenness of the season - if the season was even (assuming we are going to have as many races this season as last season) then we should have had 1902 races by the end of Feb not 1711

Another factor as to why some trainers had to improve is the fact that big players Glenn Douglas and Dean Braun have been disqualified (and Shayne Cramp of late)

The big improvers (or Newbs to Vic ranks) are

With 82 winners Emma Stewart is going to break last season's 130 if she stays out of trouble

Brent Lilley on 51 has virtually equalled last season's 52 already

The same goes for Andy Gath with 48 (52 last season)

Newb Amanda Turnbull passed half way with 26 (3)
    while Nicole Molander is on 12 (4) after her relocation

Amanda Grieve with 22 has almost passed the 24 of last season which she notched up after taking over from Braun

Glen and Matthew Craven have 15 each with Glen already having doubled last years entire tally while Matthew has nearly equalled his

Their Aunt Marg Lee with 23 looks on her way to pass last yrs 31 but she is not getting the metro winners like last season

Wayne Potter would be fairly happy with 25 (31) as would Larry Eastman 17 (19) and John Justice 16 (21)

The following smaller players are on the move having already equalled or improved on last yrs total:

Beau Tindale 12 (12)
    Robert Conroy 10 (9)
    Joe Costa 9 (4) - may have taken over from Vince
    David Drury 9 (7)
    Seb Steenhuis 9 (7)
    Paul Campbell 8 (7)
    Glenn Sharp 8 (7)
    Courtney Slater 8 (4)
    Brett Bunfield 7 (2)
    Garry Coghill 7 (2)
    Angela McDonough 7 (3) with three of them being Metro wins - has she taken over from Allan?

and a young bloke Graeme Lang has 8 which is nearly double his 5 for all last year

A couple of interstate raiders with 8 which have doubled last years efforts already are Shane Gilligan and Ryan Hryhorec and Kim Hilliers 8 equals last yr but I am not sure she is going to be improving on that number

Trainers bettering the previous 12mths in only 6mths are clearly on the up

The following trainers are hoping for better second halves to the season to reach last years tally

Lance Justice is clearly missing Smoken 14 (64) and probably taking things easier
    Jayne Davies took ages to get on the board this season 7 (36)
    and Chris Alford is too busy driving 9 (28)

Maree Caldow 10 (31)
    David Miles 8 (28) is especially missing his metro champ
    and Lisa Lewis 4 (18) is down too

Alison Chisolm 4 (24)
    Vince Vallelonga 8 (26)
    Ashleigh Herbertson 7 (25)
    Ahmed Taiba 2 (15)
    Ian Dornauf 4 (15)

I think Bruce Morgan 1 (17) may have taken a spell until recently
    and a few like Gary Pekin 0 (11) and Alan Dunsmuir 0 (9) may have too

In the trotting ranks David Van Ryn 16 (47) and Ross Graham 14 (38) are probably about to turn it up a notch
    and of course Chris Lang has scaled back 12 (61)

Everyone else is pretty much tracking along as expected although I am not sure David Aiken 48 (133) is going to reach the lofty heights of last year.I expect the biggest improvement in the second half of the season will come from Mildura trainers

* All these figures are only for Vic TAB race wins
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-03-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Nice one Kev.

How is Kerryn Manning tracking?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Nice one Kev.

How is Kerryn Manning tracking?
    44 last year - 24 at the half way mark this season Brendan
    The 5 metro stakes wins already including the Big one (compared to 2 metro wins for last season) means she is really already ahead on stakes money
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    44 last year - 24 at the half way mark this season Brendan
    The 5 metro stakes wins already including the Big one (compared to 2 metro wins for last season) means she is really already ahead on stakes money
    Thanks mate, appreciate the stats.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Great work with this data Kevin.
    How is Adam Kelly tracking...or have I missed it?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Adam can still get to his 2014 tally of 56 as he is on 24 at the half way mark.
    He might struggle to match last years Metro success as he only has 1 so far this season and needs another 6
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread