Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amanda Turnbull

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Amanda Turnbull

I thought I would start this to recognize Amanda's skill and her travelling ability.

I noticed her watching partner Nathan drive in the last at Bendigo on Friday night , after having trained and driven the winner of race 4.
    Last night at Wagga she drove 3 winners and a second.
    Tonight she's at Wangaratta where she's driving the favorite in the George Croxford Tribute.
    Tomorrow....( not listed at Horsham. Whew!)
    Pops up at Ballarat on Wednesday driving for Emma Stewart
    She was at Mildura last Wednesday for a training/driving win!

How does she do this?
    Season record: 343 starts, 98 wins, 58 seconds, 33 thirds
    She's placed every second drive !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    VERY impressive Noel
    but just as impressive is "how do you have more up-to-date records than HRA"?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Hi Kevin
    I used the results and fields from HRV, and checked using the Sky Racing website.
    I wonder how many Ks she does a week? Looks to be travelling at least as many Ks as D Douglas did when he was criss-crossing the state.

And...Amanda is at Yarra Valley on Thursday, with a drive for Emma Stewart, and 2 trainees of her own, driving one with the other a claim for Mark Pitt.
    Last edited by Adaptor; 03-08-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    2 thirds from her 2 drives at Wang plus she trained the last winner Nathan drove
    Nathan also won the George Croxford after Amanda's Glenferrie Bronte blew the start - she may still have won if she did not have so much traffic to negotiate on the tight circuit
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Hello Noel great post by the way, after having a horse at the Turnbulls last season ive got to say originally i thought the reason Amanda had so many winners was because she drove the pick of thier horses in a race but that is only a small part of the equation,she really has the feel of her drives and knows every ones ability, even her opposition.She goes into a race knowing everything needed ,gate speed and tactics but most of all great handsi would rate her in the top 5 drivers going around and she deserves every accolade going her way .She would be the first pick to drive one for me if i had one good enough!!!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    She's incredible and from a punting perspective whenever her or Nathan Jack are on, you know they've done their homework.

The same can't be said of numerous other "leading" drivers who often just steer them around and very little else before hand. It's B grade stuff.

Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Amanda Turnbull 1 from 1 driving for the Emma Stweart/Clayton Tonkin stable

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...A110315&ms=vic

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Amanda Turnbull 1 from 1 driving for the Emma Stweart/Clayton Tonkin stable

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...A110315&ms=vic
    I reckon Amanda has driven for Stewart in the past, about 3 Friday nights ago at Melton at least.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been a meteoric rise when you think about it - from literally a handful of winners last season to 8th on the Vic trainers premiership table at this stage with 34 winners (another one tonight)

http://www.harness.org.au/vic-premierships.cfm
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rightio, who is going to tell me the Amanda Turnbull story. Forget the end of last season when she was just setting up and notched a handful of winners, now in her first complete season down here she is 19th on the NATIONAL Trainers premiership and already has about 70 winners
    Apart from hard work, how does one do that?
    By that I mean where are the horses coming from, they are not all juveniles so they must have come from other stables.
    Dads? The Jacks?
    I could do some research but I thought someone may be able to shed some light on it for me
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread