Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amanda Turnbull

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    'She does not like to be interviewed before races' = Not Good enough in this day and age
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Mr Anderson will become famous soon enough Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert Anderson
    Nice Girl and a nice driver with no black marks against her name which is a rarity in harness racing for a top driver

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Nice Girl and a nice driver with no black marks against her name which is a rarity in harness racing for a top driver
    but not prepared to promote the industry Robert
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is where the interviewer was when he made the statement Wayne, so probably
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Mr Anderson will become famous soon enough Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert Anderson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    but not prepared to promote the industry Robert
    I think her family promote the industry well.
    like a lot of people she might not like Gareth Hall with his on track antics

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    ^^^^ +1

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Ok, if so, I reckon that's a bit rough for the interviewer to make that comment even more-so than the thought Amanda is not prepared to promote the industry Kev. Not defending Amanda Turnbull, besides she does do a good job promoting by driving/training heaps of winners, but am wondering about how in depth the interviews are becoming and why driver's might be cautious and/or not willing. You've got to consider when asked their imminent plans/tactics, other drivers are within earshot and combined with the COT rule, they are open to public perception, and the steward's interpretation. Of course they are obliged to drive the horse in a consistent manner but if they say one thing then make a subtle change out of the gate there might come a time when their decisions are scrutinised under the "microscope" when they haven't really broken the COT rule. And why wouldn't you use the opportunity to try to bluff other drivers? I guess some drivers, when interviewed won't really say anything, I guess Amanda could have said "yep the horse has warmed up well". The other perspective is with you being the owner or punter of that horse, and driver, you may not want that driver to disclose very much and would rather the driver focus on the race about to start. If the interviewer hadn't made the comment, 'She does not like to be interviewed before races', who misses out? Would not even prospective owners and punters understand a driver might be like Bart (RIP), who said "loose lips sink ships"? I think the pre race start interviews have value but maybe the interviewers need to consider what they're asking at times.
    I have actually said in the past that I dont think much of the track interviews because they are too late and as for a driver providing valuable previously unknown info - well that is a real rarity. What I was trying to say is - if it has been approved by HRV then she should not be exempt from questioning
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread