Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australian Premier Trotting Sale

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton

Australian Premier Trotting Sale

Can anyone tell me where I can find the RESULTS of this sale held last Sunday please ????
    if there were any passed in, and you would like to follow up, seems to me 3 days later leaves a lot to be desired for all parties concerned.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What a load of spin that 'Increased Interest ...' heading is
    Should have been 'Prices down 20%'
    With all the emphasis on trotting it would seem to be a poor result
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Totally agree . With all the money that HRV are spending on the promotion and increased racing for trotters I think this result is extremely poor. The average price was down 20% and the APG Melbourne Sale ( pacers only ) saw an increase of 23% which further widens the gap between the two. IMO HRV are responsible for racing and should not be involved in the administration and promotion of a trotting sale. We already have the failed ' Ridgehead Kahore ' importation at a cost of $100,000 and a monte rider at a reputed $50,000 ! Obviously the Sales Companies do not think it is a viable concern and I would question who at HRV made this decision.

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    A few bargains there , good for buyers ,poor for breeders dissapointing but it's still in it's infancy

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Kevin, there were more registered bidders at the sale than in the past by 20 per cent. Fact. As mentioned the sale average was down. I know "spin" is the latest buzzword and all - and as a former newspaper editor of 10 years I've seen my fair share of it - but surely reporting figures as they are cannot be classed as "spin".

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Last year I purchase a colt from the sale and personally I support the sale 100%, however this year I couldn't make it and I got the book way to late ( 2 days prior to the sale) but there was obviously some real bargains this year. In regard to figures it simply is not good, having said that you may expect a "downturn in a venture like this in the "3rd year" and one can hope that with the graduates not all making it as 2yos then those going onto being 3 yo's there hopefully will be bragging rights for next years sale, keeping in mind the NSW ready to run were in dire straights not all that long ago, so it is not restricted to this sale however unfortunately the FACTS are as follows
    2013 - 40 Entries, 5 Withdrawal giving 35 through the ring, 26 SOLD -5 passed in
    2014 - 44 Entries, 8 Withdrawal giving 36 through the ring, 32 SOLD -4 passed in
    2015 - 46 Entries, 5 Withdrawal giving 41 through the ring, 35 SOLD -6 passed in

Last year (2014) there were 11 lots that fetched beyond 20k and this year there were only 8
    The problem as I see it, there was a large draft that while it built the numbers "up" it also comprised 33% of the actual sale and yet the draft only averaged 8.5k, that in turn will bring the over all sale down, as only one was over the 20k ( although there was one other at18k) so it is a case of erosions over all ( last year the draft had only 9 in and average of 10k)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by codywinnell View Post
    Kevin, there were more registered bidders at the sale than in the past by 20 per cent. Fact. As mentioned the sale average was down. I know "spin" is the latest buzzword and all - and as a former newspaper editor of 10 years I've seen my fair share of it - but surely reporting figures as they are cannot be classed as "spin".
    It was spin Cody due to the very selective title. If the title had been 'Increased Interest in APT Sale but prices down 20%' then it is factual
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    It was spin Cody due to the very selective title. If the title had been 'Increased Interest in APT Sale but prices down 20%' then it is factual
    Refer to paragraph two of article, which states: "While the overall average sale price was down on previous years, $12,941 on Sunday compared to $16,359 last year, APTS promoters said this was in part due to only 40 lots passing through the ring."

Doesn't get much more candid than that IMHO.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is all about the heading Cody, IMO the more factual heading would have been 'Prices down 20%' but that is a bit negative. As for that quote - that was their spin - in its 3 yrs the sale has had 35, 36, 40 lots. We will have to agree to disagree - I do appreciate why you were trying to put a positive **** on it.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread