Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAB pool trends

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

TAB pool trends

Being the statistics nut that I am. For the last 6wks I have started monitoring the Melton Metro TAB pools and I will report any findings/patterns when I have a bigger sample.

I am simply recording the Win, Place, Tri and Four pools (rounded to the nearest $k) along with the type of race (gait and class), field size, Fri or Sat, and whether the Fave was odds on.

However as I find anything UNUSUAL along the way, I thought I would post it in here while the meet was fresh in people's minds in case someone can throw any light on what I think to be an anomaly

Here is the first somewhat strange one.

The first race on the program often has good pools and I figure this is a result of catching some gallops punters not wanting to stop
    But the first race at Melton on Saturday evening was OUTSTANDING

It was only a Career class Pacing race with a field of 11 and an Odds On Fav who won
    The aprox pools were 32 Win, 6 Place, 10 Tri, 4 Four (52ish Total)

To illustrate how good this was I will provide the next best
    Race 6 had 18 Win, 7 place, 4 Tri, 2 Four (31ish Total)

https://www1.tab.com.au/#!/nsw/racin.../1/14-Mar-2015

I suspect this race must have been hot on the heels of a big Melbourne or Sydney gallops race - maybe I will have to rummage through the recycling bin to find the racing form guide.
    Getting The Age I do not have a trots form guide.
    Anyone know what time the 1st was run on Saturday at Melton?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Being the statistics nut that I am. For the last 6wks I have started monitoring the Melton Metro TAB pools and I will report any findings/patterns when I have a bigger sample.

I am simply recording the Win, Place, Tri and Four pools (rounded to the nearest $k) along with the type of race (gait and class), field size, Fri or Sat, and whether the Fave was odds on.

However as I find anything UNUSUAL along the way, I thought I would post it in here while the meet was fresh in people's minds in case someone can throw any light on what I think to be an anomaly

Here is the first somewhat strange one.

The first race on the program often has good pools and I figure this is a result of catching some gallops punters not wanting to stop
    But the first race at Melton on Saturday evening was OUTSTANDING

It was only a Career class Pacing race with a field of 11 and an Odds On Fav who won
    The aprox pools were 32 Win, 6 Place, 10 Tri, 4 Four (52ish Total)

To illustrate how good this was I will provide the next best
    Race 6 had 18 Win, 7 place, 4 Tri, 2 Four (31ish Total)

https://www1.tab.com.au/#!/nsw/racin.../1/14-Mar-2015

I suspect this race must have been hot on the heels of a big Melbourne or Sydney gallops race - maybe I will have to rummage through the recycling bin to find the racing form guide.
    Getting The Age I do not have a trots form guide.
    Anyone know what time the 1st was run on Saturday at Melton?
    The results page on the TAB site has the time of "all paying" for every race, not exact start time but within minutes...

https://www1.tab.com.au/#!/vic/racin.../1/14-Mar-2015

Junior Member Weanling FINEST will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    AMANDA MEAD
    Horses
    CHASE AUCKLAND
    6.25 was the 1st race which was traditionally a 7.00 pm start.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thank you very much Ash and Amanda.
    The last at Flemington was 5.50 and so there was a considerable gap until 6.25
    In my 6 weeks of keeping these stats the only Win pool that beat that 3yo C class race was the HUNTER CUP!
    Does anyone know if the favourite backed in from much longer odds?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not a Melton meet I know but the pools on todays 2yo Trot at Maryborough were as bad as the participants.
    No worse than the last Melton monte however
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Not a Melton meet I know but the pools on todays 2yo Trot at Maryborough were as bad as the participants.
    No worse than the last Melton monte however
    Only the 2nd 2YO trot for the season Kev...

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Only the 2nd 2YO trot for the season Kev...
    It would seem they should be racing for only $3k as they do not attract enough betting - reckon that will be the case for the 2nd last 2yo trot for the season too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Apologies to everyone. The figures I posted in the first post of this thread are NSW !
    My only excuse is that the new TAB format has made finding this info trickier

Nevertheless that first race at Melton last week was still a bit of a standout with the Win, Place, Tri and Four pools coming to $97k VIC
    The next best, Race 6 came to $72k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread