Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manning Mayhem

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Manning Mayhem

Kerryn finished 5th in the 2yo on the short priced fave at Terang 14m behind Peter's $42 winner
    She however protested against dad. Was the protest about the winner giving her a flat tyre early in the event?

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#TEC17031507
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Not sure how the Steward's were supposed to handle this one, The horse behind the leader and eventual Winner has clearly struck and punctured the Fav's tyre early on in the piece and clearly there were grounds for a protest.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Might have been a steward's protest Kev?? Irrespective, all looks good and good to see connections and punter's interests being looked out for.
    Does bring to mind a couple of things with margins in a protest hearing, although in this case it seems the horse/driver that caused the flat tyre (assuming that's why the protest was lodged) may not have been to blame.
    In juvenile races, whether it be harness or thoroughbred, at times protests against a green horse get dismissed. Ok, no jockey or driver error but how much tolerance is allowed when an errant young horse interferes?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I think you'll find the protest was dismissed as the driver of the favourite had a hand in the tyre being punctured, IMO he crossed the eventual winner a little hastily which brought about the contact. So IMO the margin was not the factor for dismissal rather how contact came about that led to the punctured tyre.

The rules for protest allow for anyone connected with the alleged sufferer to lodge a protest so it may not have come from the driver OR the stewards.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think you'll find the protest was dismissed as the driver of the favourite had a hand in the tyre being punctured, IMO he crossed the eventual winner a little hastily which brought about the contact. So IMO the margin was not the factor for dismissal rather how contact came about that led to the punctured tyre.

The rules for protest allow for anyone connected with the alleged sufferer to lodge a protest so it may not have come from the driver OR the stewards.
    I think I might learn something here. So trainers and possibly owners can protest? Would only be fair for the trainer to (and maybe owner too). But how good is the workability (for want of a better word) of this? They would have to be quick onto the mark? Hate for a large crowd and trainer get held up, what's the time period here? Seems to me drivers go back past the stewards then steward waves his arm and the all clear is given.
    Imagine a few elder or out of shape trainers running up to the judges box.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Assuming it was Kerryn protesting against Dad's winner with her only standing to move into 4th (and on unusual grounds) is what really surprised me
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Also owners breno!

Think got 24 hours (maybe more) lodge protest after all clear? Don't help you if you backed it but can still mean result changed for prizemoney. There was photo finish protest after the event few years back and a monte recently where all clear declared but horse disqualified for galloping after all clear declared.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Also owners breno!

Think got 24 hours (maybe more) lodge protest after all clear? Don't help you if you backed it but can still mean result changed for prizemoney. There was photo finish protest after the event few years back and a monte recently where all clear declared but horse disqualified for galloping after all clear declared.
    Ahh yes, changing it for prizemoney purposes. Totally skipped my mind.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cr...-1225809200905

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I think I might learn something here. So trainers and possibly owners can protest? Would only be fair for the trainer to (and maybe owner too). But how good is the workability (for want of a better word) of this? They would have to be quick onto the mark? Hate for a large crowd and trainer get held up, what's the time period here? Seems to me drivers go back past the stewards then steward waves his arm and the all clear is given.
    Brenno Rule 176, states a person who may be a steward, the starter of the race , a driver or connection or driver of any horse competing in the race or an Authorsied agent. can lodge a protest, so yeah mate you may well have learnt something. Yes it doesn't happen often because I suspect many people do not know the full meaning of the rule and I also suspect the various Authorities do not flout this information in order to lessen the load on their stewards.

Cheers,

Dan
    Last edited by Danno; 03-18-2015 at 11:59 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Brenno Rule 176, states a person who may be a steward, the starter of the race , a driver or connection or driver of any horse competing in the race or an Authorsied agent. can lodge a protest, so yeah mate you may well have learnt something. Yes it doesn't happen often because I suspect many people do not know the full meaning of the rule and I also suspect the various Authorities do not flout this information in order to lessen the load on their stewards.

Cheers,

Dan
    Thanks Danno

+ Reply to Thread