Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inky Pinky Ponky

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Inky Pinky Ponky

Inky Cullen is no donkey - when he started his racing as a late 3yo and then 4yo, he won 12 and finished second 3 times in his first 16 starts over a period of 13mths
    But a few things went his way tonight when he beat Messini
    That lead time is the equivalent of sub 1.52 MR
    Major Crocker's drive has been queried - I can only think it would be as to why he did not hand up earlier (surely) but there is no Sprint Lane at Ballarat so we will have to await the stewards report

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC02041501
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Inky Cullen is no donkey - when he started his racing as a late 3yo and then 4yo, he won 12 and finished second 3 times in his first 16 starts over a period of 13mths
    But a few things went his way tonight when he beat Messini
    That lead time is the equivalent of sub 1.52 MR
    Major Crocker's drive has been queried - I can only think it would be as to why he did not hand up earlier (surely) but there is no Sprint Lane at Ballarat so we will have to await the stewards report

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC02041501
    I disagree. I think Sugars was queried as to why after initially resisting, he in fact decided to hand up

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That more or less sounds the same Harvey - they are questioning why he changed his mind
    There is a subtle difference in that I guess I would be of the view that they should have asked him - why did it take you so long to hand up? Simple answer - no sprint lane
    While your guess is that they were asking him - why didn't you stick to your guns? Simple answer - hot pace. They probably took this tack - aware that the horse is entered in Mildura
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread