Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sire "Khans Thunder"?

Junior Member Weanling JustBilly will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brodie King

Talking Sire "Khans Thunder"?

Hi all, I am new here. I've come here to wonder if anyone knows of a sire by the name "Khans Thunder"? That is my boy's sire. Just wondering if anyone would have pictures of him? I cannot find anything online! I would love to know more about him. I only know what harness.org.au has given me when I click on my boy's sire. I also believe Khans Thunder's sire is Genghis Khan, who was also successful.

I would love if anyone can give me some info/pictures ect. He'd be quite aged or deceased, by I am very intrigued about my boy's sire, and his sire. Thank you.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Khan's Thunder won the 1994 Victoria Pacer's Derby when trained and driven by Robbie O'Connell at Sunbury.( or Digger's Rest?)

Left 78 foals
    Season Foaled Australia View Foals
    01-Sep-1999 to 31-Aug-2000 20
    01-Sep-2000 to 31-Aug-2001 15
    01-Sep-2001 to 31-Aug-2002 15
    01-Sep-2002 to 31-Aug-2003 16
    01-Sep-2003 to 31-Aug-2004 12
    Total: 78

Try this link for more info. http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...?horse_id=9881
    I can't find a picture, but will look ay Bendigo Harness Racing Club Library and scan it if I can find one.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Khan's Thunder won the 1994 Victoria Pacer's Derby when trained and driven by Robbie O'Connell at Sunbury.( or Digger's Rest?)

Left 78 foals
    Season Foaled Australia View Foals
    01-Sep-1999 to 31-Aug-2000 20
    01-Sep-2000 to 31-Aug-2001 15
    01-Sep-2001 to 31-Aug-2002 15
    01-Sep-2002 to 31-Aug-2003 16
    01-Sep-2003 to 31-Aug-2004 12
    Total: 78

Try this link for more info. http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...?horse_id=9881
    I can't find a picture, but will look ay Bendigo Harness Racing Club Library and scan it if I can find one.
    Of those 78 foals, 29 have raced for 19 winners with the best one only winning $42000

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You will enjoy poking around on ClassicFamilies Brodie
    Here is the link to Khan's pedigree page

http://classicfamilies.net/horsedeta...rseID=10009823

Click on the coloured tabs along the top of the pedigree for more info
    (no offspring or descendants come up for him as ClassicFamilies only lists classic winning horses on its db)
    Be sure to click on his dam and sire to bring up there pedigrees but more so to use the tabs to bring up lots of interesting info for them

You will notice that Khans belongs to the family N14 so in the Blue Menu bar above the tabs click on Family Winners and enter N14 in the box that comes up
    You now have a list of every classic winning or producing horse his dam line has produced
    These columns can be sorted however you like by clicking on the heading at the top of the column
    I like to click on Time/$/Group
    This now sorts the long family list in a way that has the real stars at the top

By having Classic Families open twice on your computer you could have one page with
    Khans 'Tail Lines' tab open:
    http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Tails....rseID=10009823

and with the other page on Family Winners:
    http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Family...meGroup&AD=ASC
    You can click on any high achievers in the family that you like to bring up their pedigree then click on their 'Tail Line' tab and you can compare it to Khans 'Tail Line' you have open to see where the 2 champs have a common ancestor

Let's say Baltic Eagle takes my fancy and on the family winners list I click on him to bring up his pedigree and then his Tail Line
    http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Tails....rseID=10022642

I can see that he and Khan intersect back at Local Gold
    So that you do not have dozens of pages open just use the back arrow until you get back to the family winners and then choose another to compare to Khans

I find it a lot of fun - I hope you find it useful (and that these directions are not to complicated)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brodie King
    Thank you! Quite interesting stuff. I was hoping there could be pictures of Khans Thunder and Genghis Khan? Since I have bought race pictures of my boy winning Globe Derby's, and kinda wanted some of his sire. Where could I start? I have been looking everywhere

Real Name
    Brodie King
    My boy won $38,946 in his racing career. Who was the best?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBilly View Post
    My boy won $38,946 in his racing career. Who was the best?
    Genghis Khan's dam was Robin Dundee, Shouldn't be to hard to find a photo of her, Genghis Khan was by Meadow Skipper and you will have no problems finding his photo.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    N14 is Khans Thunder's maternal family but Justbilly's is N15, Plenty of nice performers through his maternal family.

Real Name
    Brodie King
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Genghis Khan's dam was Robin Dundee, Shouldn't be to hard to find a photo of her, Genghis Khan was by Meadow Skipper and you will have no problems finding his photo.
    Yes, I am aware of Robin Dundee and Meadow Skipper, but I am looking for pictures of Khans Thunder and Genghis Khan

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Sorry, I can't seem to find any of either horse on the Web but I do have some old books I can look through.

+ Reply to Thread