Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Class Question

Junior Member Foal newbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dave Wi

Class Question

Hi, I am pretty new to harness racing. I have a rough idea of how the classes progess ie C0, C1, M1 etc but am trying to work out how a horse can race in the same class again after it just won in that class. ie: a 4YO pacer wins a C1 and then a few starts later is still able to run in another C1 (no handicap etc, just a normal Mobile start). I would have thought that horse would now be a C2 and ineligible to race in C1?

Apologies its probably such an easy thing to know but Im still trying to get my head around it!

thanks

D

Junior Member Weanling FINEST will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    AMANDA MEAD
    Horses
    CHASE AUCKLAND
    Dave,
    In Victoria this can happen for two reasons 1.A Junior claiming driver 2. A Mare can receive one class reduction when racing the boys.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    what Amanda said is correct. In addition, other than Vic, if a horse is a particular class at close of acceptance time it can go in the race even if it wins a race in between the second race

If you give us the name, I can have a look at it

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Can also happen if C0 win was a heat and next race the final. Also sometimes they have penalty free races eg. Invitation drivers races.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Just to make it a bit harder for you Newbie in some circumstances a horse can $500k as a 2 and 3 year old and still be a CO.

One of the greatest handicapping or should I say non handicapping anomalies of all time.

Junior Member Foal newbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dave Wi
    Thank you all very much for the info. Those explanations do explain the horses I have seen. Quite complicated indeed!!
    thanks

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    Just to make it a bit harder for you Newbie in some circumstances a horse can $500k as a 2 and 3 year old and still be a CO.

One of the greatest handicapping or should I say non handicapping anomalies of all time.
    What Ray said!!!!!

and how bloody easy would it be to fix????

aussiebreno
    Who are these horses yoi speak of Ray and Danno?

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Just off the top of my head Alta Christiano won the $50k Western Gateway, then the $200k WA derby and had its next start in a $6,200 CO at Pinjarra at a $1.04.

Many others if I had the time and inclination to search but the above is a pretty good example of what can happen under our current system.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Follow The Stars, 23 Jan 2015, Terang at Melton CO @ $1.04.
    A bit different to the Alta Christiano example as this was Follow the Star's second run back as a 3yo, although he did win the $18,200 Waikato Guineas at his first start back. But still >$450,000 prize money previous season. If there were programming changes, how would these type of fillies be handled?
    Last edited by arlington; 04-13-2015 at 07:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread