Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Governors Cup -- Elimination

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Governors Cup -- Elimination

The three primary contenders in Saturday's Governors Cuo elimination at Woodbine have outside posts -- Foreclosure (7), Shadyshark Hanover (8) and Fashion Delight (9). All three have been very consistent, with the latter being the leading money winner at $419,000. Fashion Delight was used brushing to the top around the quarter in the Breeders Crown and cut the rest of the mile, but Big Jim and Shadyshark were much better at the end. Foreclosure took too much air in that race and wound up fourth.

Fashion Delight went to Lexington from Pocono and got beat a neck by FeelLikeAFool, while the other two have had three weeks off. Westwardho Hanover who has been highly regarded at times has an inside post, but he doesn't seem to be as good as these.

What do you think? Do you like one of the three favorites, or is there another colt in here you think will take advantage of position and pace and win it?

Junior Member Foal tamarind will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    retired
    You are right should be an exciting race...........my money is on Foreclosure.

What about the Valley Victory...who's the best in it?

Real Name
    Unknown

The Valley Victory

Pastor Stephen is the class of the Valley Victory and should overcome the eight post to win the second elimination. He's got six wins in nine starts against the iron, and actually should have another as he had the Haughton stolen from him on a questionable disqualification at the Meadowlands.

In the first elimination, Luckycharm Hanover hasn't been racing against the top colts all year the way Pastor Stephen has, but he's been facing better than most of these have. He only has two wins in ten starts, but raced very well at Lexington last week and should be able to beat these from the four with Campbell.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    My money is on Foreclosure as well. I see he is from a Fake Left mare from Down Under so that will sure make a difference to his long term ability. He will be tough as his mother was Pleasing Package A. I saw her race many times at the Meadowlands and boy was she tough.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Foreclosure will win the Governers Cup next week on his run last night. He went huge and looked good going to the wire.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I'll go with Big Jim in the final, i think been drawn wide will be an advantage for him as it seems he takes a bit to balance up.

Real Name
    Unknown

Woodbine Saturday Night

Goldsmith Maid Final: Tough to go against Crys Dream, although Pierce will find a way to get Cedar Dove into the thick of it early....Creme De Cocoa is a nice filly, even with Ackereman sitting behind her. She may figure in the exotics....Hats off to Taurus Dream, sire of Crys Dream, and Sir Taurus too.

Three Diamonds Final: Idyllic was on the pace throughout in the Breeders Crown and was no match for See You At Peelers at the end. She's been off a month....Pretty Katherine has been off for two months. Tough to accept the price you'll get on her after that kind of a layoff....Strike an attitude came flying out of nowhere to steal second from Idyllic in the Breeders Crown, and she did the same sort of thing against lesser two weeks ago at Lexington. Palone drove her at Pocono but Campbell has handled her in her last two races and drives here. I'll take her.

Valley Victory Final: Pastor Stephen had no excuse last time; he doesn't seem to be what he was earlier in the year....Blue Porsche was much the best in his elimination field, as was Luckycharm Hanover in his. Both had nice trips, with the latter just cruising around the track against a weak, fractious field. I know BP went faster, but I wouldn't hold that against LH. BP beat LH at Lexington three weeks ago and I'll go with him again.

Governors Cup Final: Big Jim doesn't seem to mind the outside post but he's such a lumbering sort that you worry about him getting caught up in a traffic jam outside. He's better than Shadyshark but the latter can use that Cams Card Shark Speed to get away from him. It happened a month ago in the Breeders Crown Elimination....I know others like Foreclosure here, but I think Fashion Delight has a better chance of knocking off the other two. FD was better than Foreclosure last time.

Gold Cup Invitational: Dial Or Nodial, who has the rail, beat Foiled Again, who has the nine, last time, but the latter is a genuine FFA horse and should beat these.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Three Diamonds:
    Idyllic followed by Pretty Katherine then Strike an Attitude

Governors Cup:
    Big Jim followed by Foreclosure then Fashion Delight

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Joe
    What's your thought on the Three Diamonds and Governers Cup, i thought Idyllic showed how tough she is and Big Jim suprised me by going foward straight out of the gate i think thats the best he's travelled in a race. And do you see either of these 2 horses going on to win big races next year.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Mango,
    Big Jim should top the experimental rating chart for 3yopc next year; he was very impressive. Hudon impressed too--nice drive.

Idyllic, who benefited from having David Miller instead of MacDonald, had it all her own way, but she did stand tall when Strike An Attitude came at her in deep stretch. Miller jumping PK into the first turn seemed like a simple enough move, but it made the race for her.

Foiled Again simply outclassed that bunch in the Governors Cup. I was happy to see Lucky Man eat all that money. And the latter did open in 25.2, so the butt kicking he got from FA wasn't as shameful as Hypnotic Blue Chip's sorry effort against Won The West at Indiana Downs. WTW is eligible to the American National at Balmoral next week, but I don't think FA is. Too bad. It will probably be another one of these lopsided affairs.

+ Reply to Thread