Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vic audit

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anybody want to summarize? One seriously deaf bloke here I am afraid
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Can anyone answer how the CEO and board still have a job?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From 'Income Streams':

Over the past five years, HRV gross revenue has increased by 11 per cent. This compares unfavourably with inflation, which has increased by around 13 per cent over the same period. HRV has worked hard to hold total costs (including prizemoney) over the same period.

Without adequate growth in its income streams, it is difficult to see how HRV will be able to invest in expanding its integrity needs, increase prizemoney and effectively promote the industry as much as it needs to in such a competitive environment.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    That makes a lot of sense. I still got the feeling that it would just be a matter of time though.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wonder when we are going to see some action as a result of this audit - I have not seen anything from the Minister or from HRV
    OR is the Chairman of Stewards resigning the beginning?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Is anything ever going to come of this audit? Or is it all hot air? When if any changes going to start?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I heard John Anderson was going to be on a program with Len Baker I think? (audio not my strong point - but hopefully someone will tune in)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Podcast available online tomorrow so will drop the link on here when available

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://soundcloud.com/hrv-2/harness...-monday-may-11

I just listened to Harness Review for the first time ever (a cochlear and hearing loop are wonderful inventions)
    John Anderson was Len Baker and Brian Dobson's guest last Monday. A lot of questions/matters were raised but it was not what you would call a tough investigative interview. Not one single answer by the CEO was questioned/refuted.
    Somebody may be able to tell me if the program is funded by HRV and whether the men are all colleagues. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, if that is the case but there were no hard question a la the type Gerard Whateley fired at James Hird on AFL 360 the other night.

Here is a summary (some were in response to Q's by listeners):

Great Southern Star needs tweaking - not knowing the make up of the final that morning for people to do form is an obvious drawback

Stand Starts are supported by tote figures - admittedly the Adore Me situation in Hunter Cup was not a good look

Feature race prizemoney will not be reduced but increases/new money will be directed to the bottom end of the market

Plan for Melton was not always about it being Vic's exclusive Metro home but Moonee Valley was too expensive. The 48 weeks of the year which are not feature nights, Melton attendance better than MV but for the 4 or so really big nights we do not get the crowd MV did.
    Aware of the shortcomings of Melton egs Parade ring placement, upstairs seating without cover, ...
    "Took point" that maybe a Hall of Fame could be housed there
    Aware of feeling Eastern Vic alienated - sees Cranbourne as the answer
    The excess land at Melton is under discussion - whether it should be used for an industry development facility or as a commercial revenue source

A report has just been handed to the Minister about the Ballarat Cup fiasco

HRV have just handed to the Minister their response to the Audit - disappointed about the mistakes the audit contained

The Minister has already said that he is taking on the recommendations regarding the formation of the Board to revitalize it

Sky shafting races to Sky2 - did not sound perturbed but said we let them know when unhappy but sounded happy about all Sky's positives
    (snuck in that NSW gallops getting a golden run right now after recently signing a new agreement)

Agrees that NZers have an advantage in longer distance races but the possibility of having more longer races in Vic not likely to happen

Suggested Neil Conders resignation as Chairman of Stewards was due to the pressure of the job and that he wanted a break

Said Melton on Friday a better revenue raiser but understands that Saturday is better for attendance for many

The Sunday twilight spot we used to have has somewhat been overrun by dogs and O/S racing

He is told Melton is an excellent track - the leader bias all due to tempo

Harness return % from TAB fixed odds betting is lower than the other codes (If there was ever a time to ask SO .....!)

Yes Monte racing is a novelty - need bigger fields

1200m races (Hotshots) is not the future

Driver's colours would probably result in a trainers/owners strike - not something we need

Cannot afford to swab all runners. Spend $½m on swabbing

Got the message and plan to engage with the industry more

Did not disagree that we have too many tracks but made the point that we need to look at the Calendar and do what is in the best interests of the industry not just 'what we have always done'

That was most of it

Harness Review is a 979FM program

https://soundcloud.com/hrv-2/harness...-monday-may-11
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    There was movement at the station...

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/new-la...-back-on-track

+ Reply to Thread