Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Form Guide Publications (Harness Racing Weekly)

Junior Member Foal newbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dave Wi

Form Guide Publications (Harness Racing Weekly)

Hi, I remember the publications Harness Racing a Weekly and the Trot Guide, are these still in publication? I recently checked a few newsagencies on a Friday and couldn't see either (maybe those particular newsagenicies don't stock them because they didn't sell any). The websites for both publications like to be offline so am thinking these two publications are no more?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    As of recently they were both still around though I did hear they might go to an online only publication eventually.

Hopefully HRW survives until it's 40 year anniversary later this year.

Both produced by NSW Harness Racing Club.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly still around Dave. Newsagents at country trotting towns and the big city ones may be the only ones that stock them unless you ask them to get it in for you.
    IMO HRWeekly is too expensive for a few pages of news (and stacks of form guides that no one with the internet needs)
    Like all newspapers - they are pricing themselves out of business and their internet platforms have little future as most of the time you can find the same info for free somewhere else
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    +1 Kev

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not being able to find the track records for Melton last night, I wandered onto the Club Menangle site for comparison purposes and as well as finding the Tk Records (for all classes) I noticed "Newspapers' on the Menu bar and you could click on a tab for either Harness Racing Weekly or National Trot Guide after which the latest edition's front page appeared and then if you clicked on that front page or one of the Back Issues you were able to enlarge the page for reading purposes

The page has arrow to the left and right of the page and a menu down the bottom but they do not do anything.

There was also the option of clicking on The Classifieds which downloaded that single page as pdf doc

Does anybody know if there are any plans to make the whole paper available (possibly on a subscription basis) or is it only ever going to be a one page freebie/come ad

http://clubmenangle.com.au/newspaper...racing-weekly/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thank you Amanda Zammit of Club Menangle for getting back to me so quickly and letting everyone know that:

"National Trotguide incorporating Harness Racing Weekly will be launching an online Newspaper this coming April."
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Good people running those newspapers but the form guide section use to put me off a bit. Hard to see how they could improve without costing money and this would be passed on. Kev's comments are almost spot on.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This week's Trotguide/Harness Racing Weekly is the 3rd last Newspaper editon - TO GO ONLINE only after Dec 19

The Miracle Mile ad on the back page of this week's edition looks great - simple but only needed to put the dates out there at this stage
    I wonder whether they thought the previous ad (see Archived editions on the site) was getting stale or considered the use of Ellen Rixon a tad sexist even

https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/this-weeks-edition/

Interesting to see a Vale to Bill Waterhouse in the previous issue - I have never read a more brutal hatchet job on anyone to rival Andrew Rule's story in the Herald Sun last weekend
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On this last day of publication, Noel sent me the very first
    Attached Files
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread