Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menangle Race Sectional Times

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Menangle Race Sectional Times

Has anyone taken notice of the 6oom sectionals for Menangle? Maybe I'm a bit uneducated but other than a true sectional i.e. the leader at the 800 & 400 wins, is a mathematically calculated time relevant?

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...20menangle.pdf

aussiebreno
    Completely and 100% relevant. It's five times as relevant for every other horse other than the leader. Forget Menangle spoon feeding it, but rather than just saying a horse came 3 wide from about 20m back in a 30 qtr and just saying it was a tough effort, having the ability to say that horse went 28.2 is so much more valuable.

The big thing here is recognition that 200m intervals are much more important than 400m intervals. I go back to the above example of that horse going a 27.3. A 14.1 and 14.1 200m will have a different impact on the horse to a 13 and 15.2 which will have a different impact to a 15.2 and 13.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Totally agree with the value of 200m sectionals Breno. Spoon feeding's not so bad...saves the effort of clocking the replay videos over and over for each horse you're interested in following. I may have been nit picking but was referring to, as an example, Menangle Race No.2 Distance 1609 m 1:53.00 55.60s 41.70s* 27.80 where the 600m sectional, 41.70s* is a mathematical calculation. The uneducated/naïve bit of my first post was/is how useful/relevant is the mathematically calculated 600m sectional?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Thoroughly believe splits should be each furlong and should have been since the beginning of time ( pun intended).....any speed burst not only indicates a horses' individual ability, but also it's fragility after being asked for a supreme effort over a furlong ( roughly 201.1 metres) or LESS! The septics have always been the speed nuts and have forever used "quarters" ( roughly 402.25 metres) as guideposts, but there are many things that can happen it just one quarter!.....30 seconds or there abouts is a big slice of 2.00 or there abouts!
    Last edited by Danno; 04-23-2015 at 11:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread