Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damed in-house wireless keeps dropping out

triplev123

Damed in-house wireless keeps dropping out

...and I'm only 6 feet away from the modem thingo. Anyone got any ideas? Maybe a more powerful modem thingo or something?????

aussiebreno
    Go out and buy some tim tams and anti-stress tablets then pencil in 3 lots of 2 hours to talk (yelling and screaming etc) on the phone to telstra (or whoever youre with) over the next two weeks. An apology, a new modem and a telstra man will then sort things out for you. Unfortanately race replays will still take hours to load.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Figuring out what's wrong with the internet is a adventure in logic. I work online all the time so I've had a lot of experience, here's my tips:

Before you even start to think of solutions try both turning of the router (they recommend for 10 seconds) and turning it back on and try rebooting your computer.

If that doesn't work try another computer or smart phone in the same spot. If that doesn't work then you've narrowed the problem down to your modem/router/phone line.

So assuming that's the problem get an ethernet cable (blue one that will probably have cat5e written on the side). If you have a modem hooked up to a router plug modem and then router and see what works/doesn't. If you have the 2 in one just plug it in there. Your checking to see if the modem is getting internet fine that can be transferred through cables, but the router that sends the wireless signals isn't functioning properly. If wired is fine and wireless is not then it's a router problem. If both are not fine then it's a modem problem.

Check to see if your modem/router thingo is hotter than it should be. If so I'd just get a new one.

If not it's very likely a problem you can solve by editing the security settings on your laptop or by logging into the router and changing them there. To do either ring up the router manufacturer, they receive about 100,000 similar calls daily and will be able to give you instructions.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

triplev123
    Cheers admin. I'll give all that a whirl & see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread