Roll With Joe

Thread: Us - The members of our Forum

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Post Us - The members of our Forum

I have been a little fearful that our board is dying. I figure that if people visit the board and find nothing new - after a while they will not bother visiting. I may however be wrong (and maybe the board needs me to take a holiday - dont be afraid to tell me).

Being a stats nut, I have done some homework on 'who we are'

The main page claims there are 1078 members but if you click on the Community tab above and then Members List you will see that there is only 933 of us. (Banned etc would no doubt account for some of the discrepancy)
    I used the Search function to find out that:

53 have joined just this year (20 have posted)
    174 joined last year (77 have posted)
    115 joined in 2013
    128 in 2012
    316 in 2011
    147 in 2010

534 members have made at least 1 post
    399 have never posted

Of the 534 posters, 205 have only ever made 1 or 2 posts

268 different members have posted at least once since 2013
    of these
    110 have posted this year (not bad I suppose for 153 days)
    93 last posted in 2014
    65 last posted in 2013

I appreciate that you do not have to be a poster to be a member and that some of us are more readers than writers like some people are better listeners than talkers
    BUT without any authors there can be no readers

I would love someone to really keep us up to scratch on NSW, QLD, WA, SA, TAS (and even NZ)
    I really only closely follow VIC due to the time involved but would be very interested in people keeping me informed on the highlights from the other states (and of course VIC too)

Maybe people have ideas for some good threads. I have wondered about selections but I figure that people who have done their homework do not want their odds taken, and Selections is another forum on the Main Board that has never taken off anyway

TC, I appreciate that this thread could belong somewhere else but please leave it here for now as the other forums are on life support when it comes to viewers
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-23-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI