Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Interdominion 2015

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Sure is Kev.. You hardly ever see them do that at GP.. I feel sorry for the Irish horse.. Beautiful horse, BUT... He should have stayed in the Northern Hemisphere. What were they thinking?
    Menin Gate went horrible.. He should have had a few runs before tackling WA's best..

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Back on track with a great nights racing last night folks, Great to see Lenny and P Man driven to win or at least trying to win their heats instead of taking the soft option, I was pretty surprised initially to see Libertybelle Midfrew in the series as she could have waited for Frith's race to come around but full marks to the mare last night, She's certainly very smart, Devendra's run was sensational coming from the back at the 400m, His career has been very similar to Beautide's, Lots of racing in Tazzy then the odd trip away and now he's racing very well in the top grade, Lenny and P Man far from disgraced last night and how crucial is the draw for the final?? It's going to be a cracker with any number of chances. Menin Gate was bitterly disappointing after a tough run but Beaudene Boaz and Run Oneover are extra smart horses and it was never going to be a stroll in the park for MG.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 12-05-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Maybe he thinks he needed it Kev? Or maybe he was over confident.. You could tell for Lenny to win that race, Chris had to stoke him up earlier than what he did. He wasn't chasing no slouch.. LD has ran some big races in the series so far.. Without sounding like a sour sport, I'm not feeling this years inter much at all..
    Hi Smoken

I'm the opposite with regards to the series; I'm feeling it and loving it, but I made a point of watching and reading as much as possible as this is my preferred style for the Inter Dominion. Having said that I can understand your point because whilst Gloucester Park, in my opinion, are doing an outstanding job running and promoting it, on the eastern side of the country it really requires our media sources, both general and harness, to pick it up and run with it. I haven't seen much of that at all, just an occasional mention here and there. Add to that the commonly held view that West Australian horses are somehow not up to the east, the fact that Beautide, Arden Rooney and Christen Me are missing, and you can see why there isn't as much of a buzz over here. I've sat down and watched all the heats and last night's racing was outstanding. LTS and Philadelphia Man had their chances but they were not able to do the job on the night and I think that goes to support my view that the quality of West Australian horses is equal to any in Australasia. I'm not a fan of afternoon harness racing but nonetheless I can't wait for Sunday week. It will be an outstanding final :-)

Regards

Mark

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Good girl, she finally got a draw, unfortunately too little, too late.
    Amazing that she has made the final after a mere 7th and 8th in the first 2 rounds

http://www.perthinterdominion.com.au...-points-table/

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ound-in-Perth-
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    [QUOTE=Mark Croatto;45002]Hi Smoken

I'm the opposite with regards to the series; I'm feeling it and loving it, but I made a point of watching and reading as much as possible as this is my preferred style for the Inter Dominion. Having said that I can understand your point because whilst Gloucester Park, in my opinion, are doing an outstanding job running and promoting it, on the eastern side of the country it really requires our media sources, both general and harness, to pick it up and run with it. I haven't seen much of that at all, just an occasional mention here and there. Add to that the commonly held view that West Australian horses are somehow not up to the east, the fact that Beautide, Arden Rooney and Christen Me are missing, and you can see why there isn't as much of a buzz over here. I've sat down and watched all the heats and last night's racing was outstanding. LTS and Philadelphia Man had their chances but they were not able to do the job on the night and I think that goes to support my view that the quality of West Australian horses is equal to any in Australasia. I'm not a fan of afternoon harness racing but nonetheless I can't wait for Sunday week. It will be an outstanding final :-)

Regards

Mark

+1
    Last edited by Richard prior; 12-05-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Best night of harness racing anywhere in Australia this year.
    DEVENDRA ??? definitely the one to beat in the final

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Amazing that she has made the final after a mere 7th and 8th in the first 2 rounds

http://www.perthinterdominion.com.au...-points-table/

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ound-in-Perth-
    I'm almost afraid that she'll win it. I've been backing her the whole way through. Before the 2nd round of heats, she'd blown out to $126 for the final so I had a go at her each way. Imagine my delight when she made the final and I checked my statement to see that I'd actually backed Northview Punter who was on the same line and not her.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Beaudiene Boaz 1:53:8 and My Hard Copy's 1:51:6 at Bunbury brilliant times for 8 and 900 metre tracks I hope that because WA horses make up half of the final field this does not deter the very best of the interstate horses from returning next year.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 12-05-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That wont happen Rod = $$$$$
    If it did, those $$$$ would soon halve
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Best night of harness racing anywhere in Australia this year.
    DEVENDRA ??? definitely the one to beat in the final
    I would be more comfortable if he didn't
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread